Do You Know Dave Forrest From Whitchurch UK?

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Joe Naud
Favorite Magician: Vernon, Tamariz, Carney, DaOrtiz, Mac King

Do You Know Dave Forrest From Whitchurch UK?

Postby Joe Naud » April 11th, 2018, 4:42 pm

If you happen to know Dave Forrest from Whitchurch UK and can reach out to him me and many other folks would be indebted to you. We all bought into a Kickstarter campaign for a product he created and have been waiting for many months for this project to be shipped. He has everything that was part of the project but has yet to ship anything. He has been out of contact with his backers for many weeks and we are desperate for an update from him. There have been many replies on the campaign but he seems to be ignoring us. We just want to know where he stands on getting our shipments out the door.

If you can please ask him to update his kick starter campaign it would be greatly appreciated by many.
If you can post back here any news I’ll be happy to pass it along to the other folks on Kickstarter as well.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peace, Joe

Tom Gilbert

Re: Do You Know Dave Forrest From Whitchurch UK?

Postby Tom Gilbert » April 11th, 2018, 8:06 pm

He, at times over the years, seems to have problems with delivering goods. There's probably some history on the Green Monster.

Stever Cobb
Favorite Magician: John Calvert

Postby Stever Cobb » April 11th, 2018, 10:31 pm

Yes, Is this the dice cups?

Joe Naud

Postby Joe Naud » April 12th, 2018, 12:07 am

Yes, this is for the dice cups that can be found here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/92 ... %20cups%20

Thanks, Joe

performer

Postby performer » April 12th, 2018, 7:50 am

Oddly enough I was reading an article about this the other day. It seems that this situation is not uncommon on Kickstarter. Backers often get sidelined and not receive what they expect. It was stated that this was a different situation than paying for merchandise and not receiving the goods. It said you should be look on what you spend as an investment that did not materialise rather than a purchase. It said that people who set up campaigns often get in over their heads and cannot fulfill their promises. It was not an overly sympathetic article to the people who "invested".

I wish I could remember where I read the article. If I could I would put a link to it. It is a strange coincidence that this topic came up a couple of days after I read the article. I suppose that is the sort of thing that happens to psychic people like myself.

Joe Naud

Postby Joe Naud » April 12th, 2018, 11:30 am

I think all of us that participated in this campaign understand that things happen and for the most part are patient but that can only last so long. Given that we are several months past the due date and we have seen pictures of the boxes he has of our stuff and that all we are lacking is shipping is what really gets us. The bottom line is he has gone underground and leaves us in the dark. If he explained I don't have the money to ship everything and will do so over the course of the next couple of months I think we would be satisfied. Our money is long gone so its not like we are missing it. We are all just looking for some communication from Dave.

Thanks in advance for anyone that may be able to help the situation.

Peace, Joe

Steve Hook

Postby Steve Hook » April 14th, 2018, 2:21 am

Sorry to tell you but there are many Dave Forrest stories like this.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » April 24th, 2018, 7:06 am

performer wrote:Oddly enough I was reading an article about this the other day. It seems that this situation is not uncommon on Kickstarter. Backers often get sidelined and not receive what they expect. It was stated that this was a different situation than paying for merchandise and not receiving the goods. It said you should be look on what you spend as an investment that did not materialise rather than a purchase. It said that people who set up campaigns often get in over their heads and cannot fulfill their promises. It was not an overly sympathetic article to the people who "invested".

That article seems to run counter to Kickstarter's terms of service policies.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the product, Mr. Naud. May I ask: did your credit card company provide you no relief?

Joe Naud

Postby Joe Naud » April 24th, 2018, 1:40 pm

To be honest I haven’t reached out to the credit card folks since this has been over a year ago and usually the card companies only give you 6 months. I’ve been holding out hope as well since I really want the item and I think all that is holding this up is funds to ship them out. Who knows.

Peace, Joe

Stever Cobb
Favorite Magician: John Calvert

Postby Stever Cobb » April 24th, 2018, 2:39 pm

Regarding the credit card company's help. No help, I called and complained to them to remove the charge, but to no avail. They told me that since he had communicated with me via e-mail within the past 60 days there was nothing they could do. This was my first and last experience on Kickstarter. Nice concept but this particular guy ripped us off!

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » April 24th, 2018, 7:12 pm

it’s my understanding that kickstarter is a bit of a buyer beware scenario. You are taking a known risk in supporting a new product which may not work as expected or be released at all.

i’ve bought a few things through them. Some better than others. All have been delivered or are still in progress. I’ve been waiting on a pair of headphones for over 3 years - but i think the company is real and the product will be worth it.

The best item i ever got was this.

they are about to sell to the general public.

very magical item.

http://www.sisyphus-industries.com/

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » April 24th, 2018, 9:47 pm

Brad Henderson wrote:it’s my understanding that kickstarter is a bit of a buyer beware scenario. You are taking a known risk in supporting a new product which may not work as expected or be released at all.

i’ve bought a few things through them. Some better than others. All have been delivered or are still in progress. I’ve been waiting on a pair of headphones for over 3 years - but i think the company is real and the product will be worth it.

The best item i ever got was this.

they are about to sell to the general public.

very magical item.

http://www.sisyphus-industries.com/

That is extremely cool, Brad!

One annoying trend in the board game industry is that some companies are choosing to go "Kickstarter Exclusive" and never release the game via retail in the future. For example: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/80 ... chronicles This tactic just seems to increase the FOMO factor and probably drives people to spend more and take more chances than they ordinarily would.

pabloin us

Postby pabloin us » May 2nd, 2018, 12:31 pm

Back to the OP , Does anybody knows Forrest? or can tell him that he has 20000 pounds from more than 200 people and he did not provide the products, no responses or actions of any kind?
Forrest still keeps his 2 facebooks commercial and personal and showed up as participant in a video demo of a John Bannon's trick, so he is alive and well. He just ignore all of us.

Thank you

Return to “General”