Steven’s Cull

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Jordanjgunn
Favorite Magician: Ricky jay

Steven’s Cull

Postby Jordanjgunn » February 28th, 2018, 3:34 pm

Has anyone read Down Under Deals and know if this book is worth getting if I’m already familiar with the basic Steven’s cull from the description in Revelations? Also does it have any other riffle cull work in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christopher1979
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay, Dai Vernon, Darwin Ortiz, Ed Marlo

Re: Steven’s Cull

Postby Christopher1979 » February 28th, 2018, 4:14 pm

Jordanjgunn wrote:Has anyone read Down Under Deals and know if this book is worth getting if I’m already familiar with the basic Steven’s cull from the description in Revelations? Also does it have any other riffle cull work in it?

Andrew Wimhurst Down Under Deals is a wonderful manuscript. The info on the Stevens Cull is minimal, actually very brief, do not let this discourage you though. If you are into Gambling routines/Demos this is a great book and you need this in your Library!. There is some riffle cull work mentioned within the actual effects.
Auctions & Consignment for Historic Memorabilia and Collectibles
https://www.britannicauctions.com/magic-collectibles/

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 28th, 2018, 4:48 pm

There are people who have a lot of work on Steven's, but it's not public.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Jordanjgunn

Postby Jordanjgunn » February 28th, 2018, 5:04 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:There are people who have a lot of work on Steven's, but it's not public.

Hey Richard, is there anyone you know of that would be willing to talk to me about it? It’s literally my only interest in Magic right now. I’ve been practicing it and nothing else and developing my own techniques to fill the void in the literature for over a year now it’d be great to be able to talk to people who have already gone down this road.

Christopher1979

Postby Christopher1979 » February 28th, 2018, 6:40 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:There are people who have a lot of work on Steven's, but it's not public.
If you mean that there are many people that have worked on Dad Stevens Cull/Control and its not published... well...yes! i am sure there are!. Same goes for a lot of this type of work and riffle stacking. Karl Fulves has published a lot on this type of work but a great majority is as you say "unpublished" and of course you would be the man to ask! :)

Christopher1979

Postby Christopher1979 » February 28th, 2018, 6:41 pm

Jordanjgunn wrote:

Hey Richard, is there anyone you know of that would be willing to talk to me about it? It’s literally my only interest in Magic right now. I’ve been practicing it and nothing else and developing my own techniques to fill the void in the literature for over a year now it’d be great to be able to talk to people who have already gone down this road.

Hmm, something tells me that that is a BIG ask!....

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 28th, 2018, 6:48 pm

Do your own work. Things will be published in the future.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » February 28th, 2018, 7:17 pm

Jordanjgunn wrote:... I’ve been practicing it...

If you post a link to a short clip of a routine you do using the control - folks will likely notice. Gotta start somewhere. :)
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Jordanjgunn

Postby Jordanjgunn » February 28th, 2018, 7:51 pm

I really wish magicians weren’t like this. All I’m trying to do is seek help in improving my skills and somehow I’m out of line for doing it.

Jordanjgunn

Postby Jordanjgunn » February 28th, 2018, 8:20 pm

Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Jordanjgunn wrote:... I’ve been practicing it...

If you post a link to a short clip of a routine you do using the control - folks will likely notice. Gotta start somewhere. :)

Thanks Jonathan, I may do that.

Jordanjgunn

Postby Jordanjgunn » February 28th, 2018, 8:24 pm

Christopher1979 wrote:
If you mean that there are many people that have worked on Dad Stevens Cull/Control and its not published... well...yes! i am sure there are!. Same goes for a lot of this type of work and riffle stacking. Karl Fulves has published a lot on this type of work but a great majority is as you say "unpublished" and of course you would be the man to ask! :)

Hey Christopher I was looking at Fulves but I’m not in the position to get any of the riffle shuffle trilogy books, does he have any that are more affordable/available that include culling work I should be looking at?

Christopher1979

Postby Christopher1979 » February 28th, 2018, 8:38 pm

Jordanjgunn wrote:
Christopher1979 wrote:

Hey Christopher I was looking at Fulves but I’m not in the position to get any of the riffle shuffle trilogy books, does he have any that are more affordable/available that include culling work I should be looking at?

Unfortunately all of his riffle work manuscripts are pretty pricy and rightly so along with ed Marlo’s manuscripts they are the best money can buy

Jordanjgunn

Postby Jordanjgunn » February 28th, 2018, 8:44 pm

Christopher1979 wrote:
Jordanjgunn wrote:
Christopher1979 wrote: If you mean that there are many people that have worked on Dad Stevens Cull/Control and its not published... well...yes! i am sure there are!. Same goes for a lot of this type of work and riffle stacking. Karl Fulves has published a lot on this type of work but a great majority is as you say "unpublished" and of course you would be the man to ask! :)

Unfortunately all of his riffle work manuscripts are pretty pricy and rightly so along with ed Marlo’s manuscripts they are the best money can buy

Right on. Well someday! Haha.

Jordanjgunn

Postby Jordanjgunn » February 28th, 2018, 9:00 pm

Christopher1979 wrote:
Jordanjgunn wrote:
Christopher1979 wrote: If you mean that there are many people that have worked on Dad Stevens Cull/Control and its not published... well...yes! i am sure there are!. Same goes for a lot of this type of work and riffle stacking. Karl Fulves has published a lot on this type of work but a great majority is as you say "unpublished" and of course you would be the man to ask! :)

Wait actually, since it looks like you dabble in this yourself, I saw these are a few hundred a book yeah? How often do they come up? If I bought one and read it would I be able to sell it pretty easily and not lose too much money off the thing? Just wondering what it would cost me to play ball here.

Christopher1979

Postby Christopher1979 » March 1st, 2018, 12:40 am

Jordanjgunn wrote:
Christopher1979 wrote:
Jordanjgunn wrote:

Wait actually, since it looks like you dabble in this yourself, I saw these are a few hundred a book yeah? How often do they come up? If I bought one and read it would I be able to sell it pretty easily and not lose too much money off the thing? Just wondering what it would cost me to play ball here.

All of Fulves large format manuscripts are extremely collectible and always make good money. Some of the riffle manuscripts come up for sale on ebay every few months. However, some of the very hard titles to find come up for sale very rarely and in fact there are a few i have that i have never seen sold on ebay.

Return to “General”