Congrats to Tom Frame!

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Congrats to Tom Frame!

Postby Joe Mckay » October 28th, 2016, 11:02 am

Nice to see Tom Frame reviewing books for GENII magazine.

It is a well deserved promotion after his sterling efforts as the online reviewer here on the forum.

He is one of my favourite reviewers and I miss his efforts here on the forum. He is a bit of a nutter (in a good way). I still remember when he reviewed every trick in a large ebook compiled by Peter Duffie.

http://forums.geniimagazine.com/viewtopic.php?t=31961

That is dedication far beyond the call of the duty. It is something he used to do with nearly all of his online reviews.

The book reviewer for GENII is a very special position in magic. And I want to congratulate Tom on occupying it. I hope he has a good run with the column. Already he has got off to a great start with the review of the upcoming Vanni Bossi book. Sounds like it will be a really interesting book. I wasn't sure if I would be interested in it until now.

Cheers, Tom!

Tom Frame
Favorite Magician: Del Ray

Re: Congrats to Tom Frame!

Postby Tom Frame » October 28th, 2016, 12:28 pm

Thanks for your kind words, Joe.

Yes, from 2008-2014, I provided obsessively detailed reviews of 215 products here on the forum. My wife refers to that experience as "the 6-year interview." Apparently I interviewed well. I was thrilled when Richard offered me the position. I am honored and delighted to be a member of the Genii team!

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Postby Joe Mckay » October 28th, 2016, 12:33 pm

I really enjoyed the Vanni Bossi review.

Apparently the book is coming over on the slow boat from China.

Anyone know when it will be ready for sale?

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » November 16th, 2016, 12:49 am

Penguin hosted one of their Live Expos in Nashville Sunday and I got a copy of the Bossi book. It is quite good.

Return to “General”