Kudos for Kainoa Harbottle

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Kudos for Kainoa Harbottle

Postby Matthew Field » May 7th, 2015, 6:06 am

I'd like to send kudos to Kainoa Harbottle for his new column on coin magic ("By Means of Metal" in the May issue). The first column, on Three Fly, contains some innovative material wonderfully written.

Kainoa is not afraid to be controversial, but he's not afraid to be funny, either.

Congratulations, Mr. Harbottle, on this great material which I hope anyone interested in coin magic will read.

Thanks to to the Chielf Genii for having the determination to devote 5 pages to a column on coin magic.

Matt Field (a card guy)

NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

Re: Kudos for Kainoa Harbottle

Postby NCMarsh » May 7th, 2015, 8:23 am

Seconded. That was a fantastic column (coming from a stage guy).

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » May 7th, 2015, 9:26 am

Like I told Kainoa in another forum, I can't wait to see what he'll say about a trick that he DOES like.

And 5 pages? I guess that's what happens when you give an English professor a column . . . .

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Postby Joe Mckay » January 5th, 2017, 3:31 pm

I was going to start a thread praising Kainoa's column in GENII. But then found that one already existed - whilst using google to find the correct spelling for his name!

It was really smart of Richard to start a column devoted to coin magic. And Kainoa is the perfect man for the job. I recently got his Victorian Coins and Glass DVD and it is clear he is a smart thinker who is passionate about coin magic. It is no surprise to me that his mentor is Curtis Kam since he has always being my favourite creator of coin magic.

By the way - one of the reasons I picked up the DVD was so I had the perfect glass for a great trick published in GENII a few years ago:

http://forum.geniimagazine.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=44569

Anyway - I want to thank Kainoa for his efforts with the column. He writes in a way which is approachable to guys like me who are not coin experts. Whilst also focusing on strong magic with coins. All his columns add up to a brilliant resource for coin magicians and I plan on going back and reading them all again soon.

More Kudos for Kainoa!

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » January 6th, 2017, 4:58 am

What Joe said....

Return to “General”