I'm giving away magic

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

I'm giving away magic

Postby Guest » November 14th, 2003, 10:57 am

Short story: Over the next couple of months I'm going to be giving away a bunch of books, lecture notes, tricks and videos.

Long story: You can read that here-
http://magiccirclejerk.blogspot.com/

The first thing I'm giving away is David Ben's new book "Tricks," signed by the author.

If you were one of the people who got really upset when Denny from Denny and Lee showed his asscrack on the back of Genii magazine, don't go to that link because it will just get you all riled up again.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Re: I'm giving away magic

Postby Matthew Field » November 14th, 2003, 1:24 pm

Andy -- I love the site, although I might have a long discussion with you about the value of hanging on to magic books.

The masturbation links are hilarious.

Matt Field

Jeff Eline

Postby Jeff Eline » November 14th, 2003, 7:32 pm

I love the description on your site of the two guys in the L&L videos... cruel, but funny.

Postby Guest » November 14th, 2003, 8:48 pm

I do not approve of Steve Brookenfuehrer either but your website is indeed a bit strong. I am not surprised he kicked you out.
In my capacity as a psychic reverend I do think it is rather crude.
Of course I am prudish by nature. And no doubt you are young with raging hormones and like that sort of vulgarity.

I would seriously advise you strongly never to give your books away. Not even sell them unless you are really short of money.

I have done this with books that I thought I would never need. I have always regretted it.
A book is a cherished friend. Keep every single one. That is the way you gather knowledge.

Ted Leon

Postby Ted Leon » November 15th, 2003, 1:36 am

MJC,
Now THAT's a great site.
Ted (Leondo)

Postby Guest » November 15th, 2003, 3:59 am

MCJ,
Hilarious! Nasty, but hilarious!
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com

Postby Guest » November 15th, 2003, 7:53 am

The lad has Slim Steve and his board' pretty much to a tee! :p
Good laugh!!! :D

Kendrix

Postby Kendrix » November 16th, 2003, 7:09 am

Magic cafe does tend to be very stifling and overly "heavy handed" with censorship. There was a thread present with a picture of a morbidly obese female magi. who did as part of her act a razor swallowing. I said "If I looked like her I would swallow razors, too. Real ones. " That was deleted.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » November 16th, 2003, 10:08 am

Please, lets not get into Magic Cafe bashing here. Steve is a good acquaintance of mine and is a very nice young man. The primary reason I do not participate on his board (though I occasionally lurk it) is time. Perhaps if there were 48 hours in a day, I could take time to post there. Steve has high standards and whether you agree with them or not is completely irrelevant: it is his site (and it is apparent that a lot of people like his standards). We have our standards as well, and my enforcement of them has led to my being called everything from a Nazi to a Communist (among other unimaginative things), so I know how Steve must feel (and lets not have any posts about the First Amendment: it does not apply). I have no issue with other sites standards; they need not match mine and if I find them not to my liking, I do not visit, but you will not find me trashing them. Such things are an exercise is futility.

Dustin

Steve V

Postby Steve V » November 16th, 2003, 10:29 am

How the heck can someone be an online communist, what did you do? Take words from a post and distribute them to other post? Silly people.
Steve V
Steve V

Postby Guest » November 16th, 2003, 5:12 pm

Dustin says that Steve is a "nice young man"
Good heavens! I always thought he was old and decrepit. You learn something new every day.

Steve V

Postby Steve V » November 16th, 2003, 8:14 pm

Steve Brooks is a nice fellow in, I would guess, late 20's maybe, hard to tell sometimes. I like Steve, met him at the A1 convention where he ran around scaring the crap out of teens with his pal. He seems much more straight laced on his site than in face to face meetings but it's his board and if they want to delete, change, edit, and what ever to post, which is what folks say, the folks can go to it or not go to it. If they choose to hit it then they shouldn't complain.
Steve V
Steve V

Postby Guest » November 16th, 2003, 8:39 pm

Ah! He is young. No wonder he is on a power trip.
I have always thought that youth is wasted on the young. It does make them do funny things.

What on earth do you mean he was "scaring the crap out of teens with his pal"?

The mind boggles at such a strange expression.

Was he showing them card tricks? I suppose that would be scary.

Dale Shrimpton

Postby Dale Shrimpton » November 17th, 2003, 5:09 am

vulgar, but very funny.
I will be popping this on my favorites straight away!!
Dale

Postby Guest » December 10th, 2003, 1:47 pm

So there can be humour in magic sites if you care to look closely. This will be one of my faves.
Gibby
:sleep:

Return to “General”