Jonracherbaumer.com

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Giorgio

Jonracherbaumer.com

Postby Giorgio » January 16th, 2011, 2:08 pm

I am a big fan of Jon's writings and I dearly miss his musings on Antinomy.

I used to be a member at jonracherbaumer.com and I was wondering if I should join again. The site does not seem to get updated anymore.

It would be very helpful if any current member could tell me what manuscripts are now available so that I can tell if I already have them.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Giorgio

luigimar

Re: Jonracherbaumer.com

Postby luigimar » January 16th, 2011, 5:51 pm

I'm in the same situation.

I stopped being a member about 4 or 5 years ago after a year of (almost) no updates or books/manuscripts. He was going to have a major book uploaded around that time (that's why I had rejoined, I really wanted that book at the time) and I never got to see it so I just let my membership slip. I sent him an e-mail to let him know about this and he answered he was busy and as soon as he had the book ready he would send me a copy through e-mail, although I was no longer a paying member. I don't know if he got to finish the book (I don't remember which one it was anymore) and if he uploaded it.

So yes please let us know what books/manuscripts etc. are new (at least in the last 4 years or so) to see if I rejoin or not.

Thanks!
luigimar

Gordolini

Postby Gordolini » January 16th, 2011, 9:55 pm

It looks like the Updates and Blog have been dormant in the last couple years, but I believe several tricks were added and for premium members a couple manuscripts were published (since late 2008); "Avatar" and "30 Years Ago" in addition to several e-books; "Faro Controlled Miracles", "Riffle Shuffle Finale", "Book of Interchanges", "Real Gone Aces" and just recently "Oil and Queens". Perhaps you should contact Jon for more precise information. Hope this helps.

Ryan Matney

Postby Ryan Matney » January 17th, 2011, 4:12 am

Jon used to post here pretty often. I miss him.
Get the Dirty Work - Available now at http://www.ryanmatneymagic.com

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » January 17th, 2011, 4:45 am

Ditto.

But we do have our monthly JR fix in Genii (and listen to him on iGenii!).

Oh, and a little bird has reminded be that he is celebrating the anniversary of his birth this week...

Philippe Billot

Postby Philippe Billot » January 17th, 2011, 7:18 am

and the little bird is named MagicPedia...

Giorgio

Postby Giorgio » January 17th, 2011, 9:56 am

Thanks a lot for all the information. I had tried to contact him with the same question in the past but had not received an answer.

However, it does seem quite a few new interesting manuscripts have been added since my subscription expired. I will probably join again.

And if Jon is reading this: Happy Birthday!

Thanks again,

Giorgio

Jon Racherbaumer

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » January 17th, 2011, 5:29 pm

My Website (www.JonRacherbaumer.com) is still working; however, it has been an up-and-down project with at least four fallow, quiet periods. The first hiccup was Katrina, which produced an period of low production. Then my five-year stint working at M-U-M to produce lots of content on a monthly basis. I also wrote two books and did work for Genii. Ive been working on several books during the past four years: One for Gregory Wilson on Coffee Magic, the long-suffering Grippo book, and the biography of Richard Turner, now coming in at 120,000 wordsplus two novels that were begun in 1988. Recent manuscripts added to the Website are OIL & QUEENS, THE BOOK OF INTERCHANGES, REAL-GONE ACES, AVATAR, and a few others. There are over 32 cutting-edge, downloadable e-books, manuscripts, and documents on the site
plus 146 tricks, 24 essays, 10 reviews, and 19 provenance bulletins. I ran a couple of ads to alert bargain-hunters and serious students of close-up that for the INVESTMENT of $50, they can obtain books that would normally cost over $500.00 for one-tenth the cost. By the way, they can also access Ed Marlos grounding breaking Riffle Shuffle Systems, Patented Shuffle, Riffle Shuffle Finale, and Faro Controlled Miraclesmanuscripts privately sold for hundreds of dollars.
Also available are Hofzinsers Lost Ace-Problem, The Definitive Slip Cut, 21-Card Trick, The Legendary Kabbala, Synergistic Sandwiches, Compleat K.M. Move, Legendary Hierophant, Universal Card, Arch Triumphs, Back to the Future, Big-Easy Card Cunning, Clockwork, Foursome, Further Flight, Good Turns, Unlimited, Avatar, Discourse on a Move, Redoubling the Double Cut, Dust Motes, Who was Gombert?, Ladies on the Loose, Dreamwork, Hyper Twist, Facsimile 4, Grifty Business, Hat Drop Lecture, Think Ace, and Psi Tri Lecture
I plan to keep those on my site for another six weeks. Then they will be available in a CATALOGUE as separate items for $5-$10 each. Then I will decide what to do with offering a Premium Deal. I also plan to add video and audio sections. My primary goal and purpose is to have a central archive and to pass on some savings to my secret sharers. The Website will become much more robust in the coming year or two
Meanwhile, Im still barking in Genii, in print and online.
I appreciate the interest and support over the yearsI also appreciate the birthday wishes. (John Carney and I share the same birthdayonly he is much younger.) Otherwise, some of us are definitely in the home-stretch these days. My focus is on preserving legacies.mine and others

Onward
You can contact me at Joncards@aol.com or at www.JonRacherbaumer.com.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 17th, 2011, 5:36 pm

Jon has gotten busier as he's grown older. As a robust 70-year old, he has a long life left. He's still got another 20 years to raise a ruckus. :)
And I'm very pleased to have him in Genii every month.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Postby Steve Bryant » January 17th, 2011, 5:51 pm

Happy birthday. You even get a new sign this year -- Sagittarius!

Dustin Stinett

Postby Dustin Stinett » January 18th, 2011, 2:17 am

Philippe Billot wrote:and the little bird is named MagicPedia...

Mmmmm...no. My "little bird" predates MagicPedia, but it's still a great site! (And JR's B-Day is Saturday.)

Philippe Billot

Postby Philippe Billot » January 18th, 2011, 2:46 am

It was only a joke. I wanted to glorify MagicPedia.

Dustin Stinett

Postby Dustin Stinett » January 18th, 2011, 2:49 am

And I'm just saying how old my little bird is! ;)

Philippe Billot

Postby Philippe Billot » January 18th, 2011, 3:05 am

What time is it in California? Here, in France, it's 9 A.M.

Giorgio

Postby Giorgio » January 19th, 2011, 7:15 pm

Dear Jon,

Thank you very much for the update. I will gladly rejoin and I am looking forward to any additional material. It is quite the thrill to delve into your and Marlo's works.

All the best,

Giorgio

Jon Racherbaumer

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » January 19th, 2011, 7:27 pm

Thanks to all you inquired and responded.
Keep checking out SLANT for related books and articles.
Onward....

Return to “General”