Anyone dealt with John Fabjance before?

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Sonicstabber

Anyone dealt with John Fabjance before?

Postby Sonicstabber » April 15th, 2010, 3:20 am

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if I should hold my breath or not in regards to an enquiry on his website in regards to some book listings I put to John Fabjance around the 20th of March. Still no response.

I have since tried to contact him multiple times, but still nothing.

Should I continue to wait on, or just leave it behind me? He has a a lot of good stuff listed, so it'd be easy for me to bite the bullet and pay a huge shipping amount for some of the bigger tomes (Baker book, Robinson book etc), and get all the smaller stuff in the same packages.

Let me know guys and gals,

Eddie

Don Knox
Favorite Magician: John Carney, Whit "Pop" Haydn, Eugene Burger

Re: Anyone dealt with John Fabjance before?

Postby Don Knox » April 15th, 2010, 12:05 pm

Hi Eddie,

I bought several items from John a little over a year ago and he was always fast on his response and fast on shipping. At that point in time he was right there for any questions.

Don

Terry

Postby Terry » April 15th, 2010, 7:20 pm

I ordered a couple of DVD's from him on 4/7. His email of 4/13 said he was waiting on a supplier for 1 of the DVDs.

They have a 10 business day shipping policy.

David Scollnik

Postby David Scollnik » April 15th, 2010, 7:39 pm

Eddie, be sure to check your spam mail file. A month ago I tried to buy some books from a respected dealer, and for some reason (still a mystery exactly why) all of the email replies from the dealer kept going into my spam folder. This sort of thing can easily happen when someone's email address begins with a word like "info" or "orders" (as does the email address listed at John Fabjance's page).

It took a few weeks before I figured that out.

In fact, the only reason I ever found out was that the dealer was good enough to call me on the phone and ask whether or not I had received the information that had been sent to me.

Sonicstabber

Postby Sonicstabber » April 15th, 2010, 9:39 pm

Don, Terry & David,

Cheers for the responses.

He does seem reliable, and got back to me straight away saying that he will "let me know about shipping costs" as I'm ordering well over a grand of big books (for myself and friends, due to him having quite a bit of what we haven't got in our library already), and since then, nada.

I have checked my junk folder, but I have a hotmail account and unfortunately I've been in hospital over the last week, so if anything had come through I may have missed it due to their "efficient" automatic junk-it policy.

I'll wait another day, send him another email and see how I go.. it's just frustrating as I have the money all lined up for it. I just don't want the Aussie dollar to suffer too much and end up paying an extra 200 JUST for conversion:)

Cheers guys, will keep you posted,

Eddie

Return to “General”