Aaron Fisher's One-Hand Popover move DVD and contest

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Irving Quant

Aaron Fisher's One-Hand Popover move DVD and contest

Postby Irving Quant » November 25th, 2009, 2:19 pm

Hey guys, so I'm a fan of Aaron thanks to his Paper Engine. I've been following his DVD's and they are kind of cool since he goes into more detail on things. Anyways, I just wanted to let you know some info about it all just to share the excitement (hopefully you will have it as much as I do!)

What do you guys think?

I got this from Aaron's facebook page:

The One-Hand Popover DVD will be released on Aaronfishermagic.com
next week on December 1rst at 2pm est.

I've just put up a video to tell you about a very special contest
you'll want to know about. This is by far the coolest contest I've
ever had - and everyone will win something important. And if you
already have a copy of the Paper Engine, MAKE SURE you don't miss
this opportunity.

To watch my message, click here:

http://blog.aaronfishermagic.com

As always, if you can't click on the link, copy it and then paste it
into your browser.

Have a great holiday!

Speak to you soon,

Aaron

Silly Walter

Re: Aaron Fisher's One-Hand Popover move DVD and contest

Postby Silly Walter » November 26th, 2009, 12:50 pm

Oh boy !! Can't wait for this release !!!!

What a great contest too. Some lucky kid will get to have dinner with Aaron Fisher !! That's almost like winning the Powerball but much cooler.
Silly Walter The Polar Bear

Kent Gunn

Postby Kent Gunn » November 26th, 2009, 1:52 pm

Walter,

Let the kids play. Fisher is a fine role model for an aspiring card guy. Just because our enthusiasm is . . . freakin' gone. That's no reason to pick on IQ.

Mr. Fisher's making a living, just doing and marketing his magic. He's a bigger success than anybody on this thread will ever be, except maybe Irving.

KG

Silly Walter

Postby Silly Walter » November 26th, 2009, 9:19 pm

Kent Gunn wrote:Walter,

Let the kids play. Fisher is a fine role model for an aspiring card guy. Just because our enthusiasm is . . . freakin' gone. That's no reason to pick on IQ.

Mr. Fisher's making a living, just doing and marketing his magic. He's a bigger success than anybody on this thread will ever be, except maybe Irving.

KG

Nah man, you got it all wrong. I think Fisher is excellent. He is a maestro in the art of sleight of hand and I can't say that about everyone. No I didn't love everything in the Paper engine but Fisher loves magic and has dedicated his life to better the art. I am just adding to the enthusiasm as obviously displayed by Mr. Quant, who I think is also talented.

I think Mr Fisher's DVD will benefit the majority of the people who gave up trying to master the move by reading it in a book. Thanks to modern technology and the efforts of Mr. Fisher and others, he is able to show everyone how to do it and he has tips he developed over the last few years since he went pro. He is an excellent teacher and I hope Mr. Quant enters the contest.

Good luck with the contest Irving. Don't pick the restaurant just yet because there will be stiff competition.

Steve Hook

Postby Steve Hook » November 26th, 2009, 9:57 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, Irving.

Irving Quant

Postby Irving Quant » November 26th, 2009, 11:15 pm

I don't think I'm even eligible to enter! :)

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » November 27th, 2009, 2:20 pm

Irving Quant wrote:I don't think I'm even eligible to enter! :)

Why not?

Silly Walter

Postby Silly Walter » November 27th, 2009, 2:43 pm

Irving Quant wrote:I don't think I'm even eligible to enter! :)

That's too bad because the prize is just so awesome !!!

That's OK, there are probably going to be so many entries that you may have gotten slaughtered in the competition.

Irving Quant

Postby Irving Quant » November 27th, 2009, 4:46 pm

Exactly! I don't want to be humiliated with my "it's crawling out from the bottom of the deck instead of popping out" Popover move! :D

Silly Walter

Postby Silly Walter » November 27th, 2009, 5:48 pm

Irving Quant wrote:Exactly! I don't want to be humiliated with my "it's crawling out from the bottom of the deck instead of popping out" Popover move! :D

To be serious, it is a great flourishy move and who better to teach it than the guy that created it?

I am sure the DVD will do very well and will benefit anyone interested in learning and perfecting the move.

Ethan Nessen

Postby Ethan Nessen » December 2nd, 2009, 4:57 pm

Last night I had the pleasure of watching Aaron Fishers latest release on his one handed popover move from his book the paper engine. I am a devout hobbyist of card magic and have been trying to perform this move for years with really no success. Well guess what, after about a half an hour of watching this video, I can do the move. Really! Now I am not fast enough yet, and my hands are still too tense, but that will clear up with a couple of weeks of practice. The video is superb, not just from a point of teaching the move, but all of the other little things that Aaron brings to the table about performing magic. Tension, gravity, angles, his knowledge of real performance issues is on display and really well discussed. I have seen Aaron do a variety of tricks using the one handed popover and I really thought that this move was beyond me, its not. It is always exciting to be able to add a new tool to our arsenal of slights, and this is one that is highly accessible to most card guys, which I would have never believed until I watched the video. By the way the production quality is fantastic, and the video is engaging and entertaining while at the same time being very substantive. I dont usually share puclicly my opinion about magic products, but this one got me so pumped up and excited that I wanted to share my thoughts with the magic community. This video is really good!

Return to “General”