Up In Smoke on DVD

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Paul Cummins

Up In Smoke on DVD

Postby Paul Cummins » June 5th, 2004, 8:08 pm

To those who can do it, please move this post to the proper section of the Forum if this is the wrong section - thanks. Also, please accept my apologies in advance if you've read this message or one like it on another magic web site as I've made the announcement on a few of them...

Back in 1999 I produced a video tape of coin magic called Up In Smoke, The Underhanded Coin Magic of Paul Cummins. The tape sold very well and a couple of months ago while preparing to call the duplication house to get yet more of them I decided to instead have the video authored to DVD.

So, for those interested, the UIS video is now available on DVD. The big plus to this is, of course, that the one can use the menus to access the individual performances, sleight explanations, and/or routine explanations. There are 7 routines on the disk. Four of the routines involve backclipping coins (thus the "underhanded" business in the title); two routines are table-top routines (a "worker" matrix effect, and a Chink-A-Chink with an instant reversal); the final routine is a card routine: Another Sequestered Collectors from the ...from a shuffled deck in use... lecture notes.

The first portion of the tape is performance only; then virtually EVERY sleight that is used in any and all of the coin routines is explained (including the Gallo Pitch, an awesome substitute for the Hang Pien Chen); then the coin routines are explained in detail; and finally the bonus card routine is performed and then explained.

Click HERE for an explanation of the contents of the disk. Click HERE for the ever-present big-hitter endorsements. And finally, click HERE to get to Dan Watkin's coinvanish site for a pretty detailed review of the content. Once at Dan's page, click on Product Reviews and look for Up In Smoke.

I have not yet had the time to update my web site to advertise the DVD, but you may contact me at pcummins@fasdiu.com if you're interested. Retail price is $35.00 but I'm going to do an introductory price of $30.00 for the month of June (plus $5.00 shipping).

Thanks for the bandwidth!

Best regards,

Paul Cummins

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Re: Up In Smoke on DVD

Postby Matthew Field » June 6th, 2004, 8:05 am

Unsolicited comment: I purchased this video as a VHS for about $30 (plus postage). So Paul's DVD offer is a bargain.

It is superb. The coins appear and disappear in an unbelievable manner. You'll learn a great move, the Rosenthal Clip, that has utility far beyond the (great) effects Paul teaches on the video. And the card routine which is included is no slouch either.

Highly recoimmended.

Matt Field

Paul Cummins

Postby Paul Cummins » June 6th, 2004, 4:39 pm

Thanks, Matt...

Paul

Postby Guest » June 7th, 2004, 10:48 am

I just re-featured the review of Paul's new DVD on www.coinvanish.com - so it is really easy to go read. Just click on the picture of his DVD from the main page.

Return to “General”