carpal tunnel report

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Bryan Dreyfus

carpal tunnel report

Postby Bryan Dreyfus » January 17th, 2006, 2:56 pm

I have had my right wrist done for 12 days now and today I got my left done today. Right from the start i can feel "ease of movement" when it comes to my fingers in my left...my right although i have twinges and am on 4 lb restriction for 4 more weeks feels pretty good and "loosened up". Feeling like it was a good thing to have done.

Will be at my guitar practice to get back to where I was before my hand(s) gave out so many years ago. I am psyched.

Bryan
Bryan

Re: carpal tunnel report

Postby Guest » January 17th, 2006, 3:54 pm

Way to go!
Steve V

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » January 17th, 2006, 4:45 pm

I didn't have carpel, but did have Duypeytron Contractures of both hands.

Ring fingers on both hands curl in and will not uncurl. Totally makes hands useless.

I had surgery on right hand and it was 90% which is great... but the wait for the right side to heal before they could do the left allowed the left to worsen, so when fixed is at about 80%, but still good enough.

My old Dr. used to say, "You do what you gotta do."
Stay tooned.

Bryan Dreyfus

Postby Bryan Dreyfus » January 17th, 2006, 9:27 pm

Pete,

Glad to hear you came out on top of your experience. My mother had that and unfortunately the surgery did not "take" and her hands are like gnarled up tree branches. She can do most things and she has changed her keyboard playing enough to get by so I guess all's well for different reasons.
My left (12 days) needs work to get back to pre-problem but it is seriously better from first cut.
my right (done today) is more sore that the right was but it was almost doubly impared so I'm not surprised.
I'm very pleased...even holding with fingers extended towards ceiling and I'm not losing feeling in the fingers so I have great joy already.

Thanx to you and Steve for responding.

For anyone who might like to see photos and more info....pm me or email me. I would be glad to walk you through the procedure or give a report later on in case maybe you need the surgery and arent sure.

Bryan
Bryan

Postby Guest » January 17th, 2006, 10:45 pm

Bryan, if you send me photo's of your surgery like Jerry did I shall track you down and beat you with your guitar.
Steve V

Bryan Dreyfus

Postby Bryan Dreyfus » January 19th, 2006, 6:44 am

Ok Steve I do have your email.

lol..not much to see just a 1 1/2 inch "cut line".

I am thinking of molding my hands with that "rubbery" mold and making a casting to send to the Hand Clinic. A suitable thank you I think.

Bryan
Bryan

Terry

Postby Terry » January 19th, 2006, 7:50 pm

Hey Bryan - stay away from the Hustler's - it got Larry the Cable Guy too.

Bryan Dreyfus

Postby Bryan Dreyfus » January 20th, 2006, 9:02 pm

Ok, I'm lost.

Bryan
Bryan

Bryan Dreyfus

Postby Bryan Dreyfus » February 5th, 2006, 7:32 am

Last update:

both hands are doing just fine and I am glad i had this done.

The scars have a tingly sensation when touched or rubbed against anything but it is diminishing. The deep scar tissue is shrinking due to the massage i was shown for that purpose.

Hands feel like they have been rejunvenated. It's hard to explain the freedom of movement compared to the way they were. It's almost like taking off a pair of stiff leather gloves only not that extreme. The pain and numbness that was a symptom of the the pre-surgery constriction of tendons and nerves is gone and is a not so fond memory.

So, if you are suffering from this syndrome and your doctor suggest the surgery for it...GO FOR IT. You will be glad you did.

Bryan
Bryan

Postby Guest » February 8th, 2006, 10:36 pm

Bryan, glad to hear your surgery went well. Be careful, though. As a surgeon who has performed hundreds of carpal tunnel releases, I have to caution you carpal tunnel syndrome can easily recur if you don't take the appropriate precautions (e.g. keeping wrist in neutral, avoiding tight grips, etc.). Take it easy!

Bryan Dreyfus

Postby Bryan Dreyfus » February 9th, 2006, 10:49 am

Thanx for the heads up.

I appreciate the warning and will heed it well.

Bryan
Bryan

Return to “General”