A veritable miracle

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Pete Biro

A veritable miracle

Postby Pete Biro » January 15th, 2007, 4:21 pm

While having lunch at the Farmer's Market today I spotted a guy two booths away Hindu shuffling a deck of cards... then he asked the guy sitting across from him to say STOP... the card handler then showed him the card he stopped at (?) then put the deck away. I was wondering what he was going to do... just then a kid comes over, maybe 12 years old... and strikes a MENTAL POSE... sticking his arms forward and wiggling his fingers toward the card chooser... He names a card... the guy says WRONG. :(

Then the kid rolls up his sweatshirt and the chosen (?) card was TATOOED on his stomach. The spectator fell apart laughing so hard.
:D
Stay tooned.

Re: A veritable miracle

Postby Guest » January 15th, 2007, 7:07 pm

It didn't take very long for Reed's signature effect to be "adapted."

jerry lazar

Postby jerry lazar » January 15th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Hey Pete, I thought I recognized you at Dupars!... That kid was my son, Jonah, age 10. You've seen him at Magic Apple. The "tattoo" was the Bruised freebie from current Genii. He's been getting a lot of mileage out of it! ... What you missed (or couldn't see from your booth) was when he miscalled the selected card, I threw the cased deck at his midriff and yelled, "Shmuck! You screwed it up!" Then he doubled over: "You bruised me!" Etc.... Anyway, he's here watching me write this, overjoyed that a world-class magician witnessed him in action... (He thought he had once flabbergasted a very gracious Daryl with a snazzy rope trick, only to later discover it on Daryl's own video.) ;) Anyway, next time come over and say hi, and have a round of hotcakes on us!... Cheers!...

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » January 15th, 2007, 10:49 pm

You made my day! Hah... great stuff. Keep up the good work Jonah. You have STYLE. :genii:
Stay tooned.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » January 17th, 2007, 12:00 pm

Johan has to enter this routine into the contest.

And check this one out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCyeeXArF3U
Stay tooned.

Return to “General”