ERDNASE

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Roger M.

Re: ERDNASE

Postby Roger M. » June 20th, 2019, 10:33 am

Zig Zagger wrote:Granted, that's rubbish.....

It is indeed.
I'm not interested in another fundamentally inaccurate MFA take on Erdnase.

Every additional bit of made-up crap dished out as "hard fact" obfuscates the case that much further - and does nothing to advance the conversation.

Christopher1979
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay, Dai Vernon, Darwin Ortiz, Ed Marlo

Postby Christopher1979 » June 28th, 2019, 1:58 pm

Roger M. wrote:
Zig Zagger wrote:Granted, that's rubbish.....

It is indeed.
I'm not interested in another fundamentally inaccurate MFA take on Erdnase.

Every additional bit of made-up crap dished out as "hard fact" obfuscates the case that much further - and does nothing to advance the conversation.

You do have a very valid point Roger. I am surprised that the whole story of Erdnase has not been made into some feature-length film. There have been multi-million dollar budgets spent on many inferior subjects...

Saying that "if" something was made it probably would be based on fiction. Maybe there is not enough context to make a worthy full-length film. The only short film I have seen was on the 10 DVD Erdnase set done by Allan Ackerman. One of the first scenes was Erdnase shuffling with a plastic Bee deck from about 2003..... attention to detail at its best!

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » June 28th, 2019, 3:23 pm

If you start with the printer, the fire, the plates, and the exact documented input of the illustrator ... you have your mystery. Whether or not you add "Nosey" to finance the book or the literati of the time ... well remember the lesson of the Lotta. ;)
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Return to “General”