Johhny Aladdin

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

Johhny Aladdin

Postby Guest » June 27th, 2007, 5:58 am

Hi Can any one point me in the right direction, I need some form of Biography for the above performer , I have done the usual google searches many thanks David Redfearn.

Re: Johhny Aladdin

Postby Guest » June 27th, 2007, 8:10 am

there seems to be little about him on line.
but i suspect that there could be clues as to who to contact..

http://www.houdini.com/includes.cfm?pag ... cfm#johnny

http://www.magictricks.com/bios/whoswhoab.htm

http://www.dennymagic.com/cgi-bin/hazel ... ticle.html

Postby Guest » June 27th, 2007, 1:14 pm

I talked to Johnny Aladdin not long after I did that piece on Denny in 1997; he was alive and living in Las Vegas. He still may be, I believe.

If you need someone to talk to you about Johnny, Denny can tell you all about the days when he was working for him in Vietnam.

brian

:cool:

Postby Guest » June 27th, 2007, 6:08 pm

I wonder if he was booking USO tours for us guys?

MitchSchneiter

Postby MitchSchneiter » June 27th, 2007, 7:04 pm

As a kid growing up in the Philippines I saw Johnny Aladdin perform in 1971. I also got to meet him and have him help me with my magic as my folks contacted him and invited him to our home. He was very nice and encouraging to a boy interested in magic.
His signed photo is hanging in my home magic bar and I always liked the way he signed it "To Magnificent Mitchell - As one swindler to another - Good Luck - Johnny Aladdin".
Here is an article from a brochure of his: Johnny Aladdin - Top GI Entertainer - By C.J. (CAP) Gaspar.
The G.I's in Vietnam are well supplied with all types of entertainment lately - Besides the U.S.O. and GI shows that appear regularly at most all large military installations up and down country, some entertainers like Johnny Aladdin have wandered off the beaten path. Aladdin, a loner, who now makes Saidon his base of operations.
Using any means of travel - he can be found hitchhiking down a jungle trail, riding in a truck convoy or in the belly of a C-130.
No broads at all and in the words of Johnny Aladdin, "a man with no broads at all, I've got to be good", and dood he was, as he literally pinned the membership to the wall and turned the vast Phan Rang NCO club into organized confusion, as he passed back the wallets, watches and rings to those who unwittingly had contributed to the show - Johnny, a loner, who calls Nha Trang his base away from Saigon, is no doubt the most Popular and best known American entertainer in Vietnam, Needing no back up music, make up or props, he is always in demand and can be found playing the front line clubs. He is the number one trickster in his field and presents his bag of tricks in such a way, that he causes a bigger commotion that Charley does when he comes a calling. If this show is not a coming your way, bug your Club Secretary, you'll be glad you did.

Postby Guest » June 27th, 2007, 10:55 pm

Many thanks for all the help gents and the pm's regards David Redfearn.

Postby Guest » July 8th, 2007, 9:30 am

In a follow up to my request for info on Johnny Aladdin, my reason for asking.. I performed for his daughter at a private party in Mayfair London.
She told me great stories of Mr Aladdin, and even showed me some magic, a lovely lady ,, Best David Redfearn.

Return to “General”