Wendy's Reality Twister?

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Anthony Blake

Wendy's Reality Twister?

Postby Anthony Blake » December 6th, 2003, 6:19 pm

Earlier today my little niece came home with a Wendy's Kids Meal... inside promoting the "Looney Tunes Back In Action" movie was one of the free toys made up to look like a passport case including a printed passport, an ID card, a ticket for a Paris attraction, and a map... inside of of the pockets in the passport case was this clear diamnond "lens" that is for use with the map to find hidden pictures...

The clear diamond looked to me to be almost exactly like the Fiedler lens from "Reality Twister"... it has the same grooving and basic structure (although it's cut in a diamond shape)... I checked to see if it could do the main feature of the Fiedler lens, providing the "see thru" aspect... and sure enough it does!

Basically Wendy's is including a free "Reality Twister" lens with each of its kids meals... it has the movie logo printed across the top of the diamond shape but the rest of it is clear and works exactly the same... possibility of using the shape (and logo) in a presentation somehow...

Of course I snagged the diamonds (she had two) for my own use... ;-)

Success!!!

Tony Blake
Mind Mystery

Re: Wendy's Reality Twister?

Postby Guest » December 6th, 2003, 6:34 pm

Haha...nice find!

Bob L

Postby Bob L » December 7th, 2003, 8:41 am

Excellent discovery. Makes me wish I had a niece that I could steal toys from.

:D

Conus

Postby Conus » December 7th, 2003, 11:38 am

You can make your own, you know ...

Postby Guest » December 7th, 2003, 1:02 pm

Originally posted by Conus:
You can make your own, you know ...
Would you care to elaborate? I lost my RT lens a while ago. Still got the twisted pen, but can't find the lens.

But of course I'll fully understand if you'd prefer to keep it secret.

Dave

Conus

Postby Conus » December 7th, 2003, 2:02 pm

I've given this some thought. As it is a marketed item, I'd feel bad tipping the how-to on this.

The RT is a pretty inexpensive item. As such, it's probably best to buy it from your favorite dealer, and keep your local magic shops alive and well.

Heck ... while you're in there, pick up a book, tape, or DVD. And shoot the breeze with the fellow behind the counter.

Postby Guest » December 7th, 2003, 2:28 pm

No probs. That's what I did - I bought it. Then I lost it. I have the pen, I have the instructions, I've performed it.

The really annoying thing is that I know that as soon as I buy a replacement, I'll find the original one. Perhaps I should therefore buy one, in order to locate the lost one. Certainly simpler and cheaper than flying to the US in order to visit a Wendy's.

Dave

Postby Guest » December 7th, 2003, 4:39 pm

Oh. I have just read this thread and it does not appear to refer to the Wendy I thought it did.
Sorry.
I thought it was about someone else. It was the "twisted reality" that confused me.
He certainly has that.

Postby Guest » December 8th, 2003, 12:40 pm

Do wake up, Hook. We can hear you snoring all the way from Florida.It really is a most awful sound.

There really is no reason for all this sleeping in public.
Unless of course you have been watching the Evasons.

Steve Hook

Postby Steve Hook » December 8th, 2003, 1:00 pm

Originally posted by Psychic:
Do wake up, Hook...There really is no reason for all this sleeping in public...Unless of course you have been [reading my posts from Toronto].
:sleep: :sleep:

Postby Guest » December 8th, 2003, 1:15 pm

Hook is faking.
There is evidence of this in his last post for those of you who are intellectually gifted in spotting it.
I must have been a bit of an effort for him to cut and paste and fake and do whatever he did.
He should stop pretending to be asleep and then go and sling his hook.
I am not going to respond to him until he wakes up. I do not approve of layabouts sleeping in class.

Joe Z

Postby Joe Z » December 8th, 2003, 2:07 pm

Originally posted by Psychic:

There really is no reason for all this sleeping in public.
Unless of course you have been watching the Evasons.
Tsk tsk. You should only wish that you had one tenth of the talent and riveting presence that the Evasons display before an audience at each of their performances.

Joe Z.

Return to “General”