FASDIU Lecture Tour

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Paul Cummins

FASDIU Lecture Tour

Postby Paul Cummins » May 5th, 2004, 2:29 am

Hi all,

I'm embarking on a quick lecture tour and hoping to meet those of you I haven't yet and catch up with those of you I have..

5/10 Smyrna, TN
5/11 OPEN
5/12 Muncie, IN
5/13 Bloomfield Hills, MI
5/14 Cincinnati, OH
5/15 Flint, MI
5/16 Toledo, OH
5/17 OPEN
5/18 OPEN
5/19 Henderson, KY
5/20 Atlanta, GA
5/21 OPEN
5/22 Richmond, VA
5/23 Baltimore, MD

I'm working a Trade Show in West Palm Beach, FL today and lecturing in Sarasota, FL tomorrow (5/6). If anyone would like any details regarding where the lectures are to be held or contact names, please don't hesitate to contact me at pcummins@fasdiu.com.

Thanks, and I hope to catch up with some of you!

Best regards,

Paul Cummins

Jeff Haas

Re: FASDIU Lecture Tour

Postby Jeff Haas » May 5th, 2004, 10:31 am

For those of you who haven't caught Paul's lecture, it's worth it.

Jeff

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » May 5th, 2004, 11:38 am

Paul's lecture is great and his so-called "notes" are really more like two books of great card magic. Highly recommended.

Paul Cummins

Postby Paul Cummins » May 5th, 2004, 4:46 pm

Jeff and Pete:

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Paul

Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » May 5th, 2004, 8:16 pm

Paul -- I'd love to see you if you're going to be up in the Northern NJ and/or NY area. Doesn't look like you'll be up that far on this trip, though. Keep us updated on future plans.

Thanks!
-Jim

Postby Guest » May 6th, 2004, 10:18 am

Illinois?!

Anthony Brahams

Postby Anthony Brahams » May 6th, 2004, 1:59 pm

Great Britain?!
Anthony

Postby Guest » May 6th, 2004, 3:27 pm

Sure, Paul does a great lecture, his FASDIU notes are full of useful material, granted those outside of Illinois and the UK will be happy with his lecture. My question is will this get the Mike Gallo book any closer to completion? How much longer can we be expected to wait!
Steve V

Terry

Postby Terry » May 7th, 2004, 5:33 am

Oh sure.

We are headed down to Jax for my niece's high school graduation and you're not going to be home.

Wanted Jessica to meet you and see you work behind the bar.

Catch ya next time.

Paul Cummins

Postby Paul Cummins » May 10th, 2004, 9:54 pm

Originally posted by Jim Maloney:
Paul -- I'd love to see you if you're going to be up in the Northern NJ and/or NY area. Doesn't look like you'll be up that far on this trip, though. Keep us updated on future plans.

Thanks!
-Jim
Actually, I should be at Michael Canick's bookshop on the 24th of May... Love to see you there.

Paul

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » May 11th, 2004, 7:59 am

I made the drive up to Smyrna last night for the Paul Cummins lecture. Folks, don't miss this.

Paul did a solid 2-1/2 hours of material, plus some walk around coin material during a break. The effects he taught were all cards, except for one matrix effect that uses currency for cover. (He said that his restaurant work was all cards until he saw some kids who worked there leaving with wads of money. He figured he needed a trick that got the spectator's money on the table, thus the matrix routine.)

Effects included Wild Card (not the sleight heavy version from his first notes, but a version from Flip that is much easier), several transposition routines, a triumph routine in which a straight flush poker hand is left unrighted, an effect where three spectators very fairly peek, and the cards are immediately named, a collectors routine in which the collecting cards don't come near the deck, lots of finesse on side steal (his favorite control), plus several others. He closed with his multiple selection routine, which kills.

He had several items for sale, including his notes "From a Shuffled Deck in Use" vols 1 and 2 (each of which would compare well with some of the $40 - 50 card books that come out) (note: Vol 2 has pictures, which corrects the only weakness of vol 1); a CD-ROM of Doug Conn's "Tricks of My Trade" (published by Paul); a switch wallet and gaffed cards for the Wild Card routine; Fusillade, which is his and Doc Eason's treatise on the Multiple Selection routine; and a couple of stand alone tricks. Paul used to be a technical writer, and the explanations of his tricks are unusually clear.

See this lecture.

Tommy Brown

Postby Tommy Brown » May 11th, 2004, 8:22 am

It was good to see you last night, Bill. I drove with a friend 120 miles from Chattanooga to see this lecture, and Paul did not disappoint.

Bill pretty much covered everything about the lecture.

Don't be foolish. If Paul comes to your area, make it a point to be there.
Tommy

Postby Guest » May 12th, 2004, 2:54 pm

Hi:
Actually, Paul will indeed be giving this lecture at our store on Monday, May 24th (not Sunday, May 23rd, as previously announced). Please look for the details in a separate announcement in the General forum.
Michael Canick

Postby Guest » May 15th, 2004, 7:24 pm

I just got back from Paul's lecture in Flint.

If he comes around, be sure to catch the lecture. If he doesn't come around, drive, fly, or walk to find him. ;)

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » May 17th, 2004, 4:04 pm

I'm so glad to hear that so many of you are aware of what a fantastic lecturer Paul is.

The Magicians Lecture Network arranged Paul's current tour and if you missed him, I'm thrilled to say that he will be lecturing and performing at the LVMI convention in Las Vegas (9/12-14th)along with a host of other incredible close-up magicians ... lvmi.net for details
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

Rick Schulz

Postby Rick Schulz » May 18th, 2004, 10:40 am

Paul,
How about Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas? See if Scott Wells can set up the DFW - Austin - San Antonio - Houston lecture circuit. :)

Joe M. Turner
Favorite Magician: Fred Kaps

Postby Joe M. Turner » May 21st, 2004, 12:26 pm

Paul was in Atlanta again last night. He rocked, as usual.

JMT

Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » May 21st, 2004, 1:47 pm

Nice, Joe. I can't wait to see him.

Anyone else going to the lecture at Canick's?

-Jim

Paul Cummins

Postby Paul Cummins » May 21st, 2004, 10:39 pm

Originally posted by Rick Schulz:
How about Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas? See if Scott Wells can set up the DFW - Austin - San Antonio - Houston lecture circuit.
Love to do that tour again, Rick. I talked to Scott at FFFF, but about other things. Would you mind sending me Scott's email address at pcummins@fasdiu.com?

Thanks.

Return to “General”