Favorite April Fool's Gags?

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Sean Macfarlane

Favorite April Fool's Gags?

Postby Sean Macfarlane » March 9th, 2006, 10:10 am

Would love to hear some good stories on this fun and frustrating day seeing as its coming up. Maybe I can remember to do something too.

Eric Rose

Re: Favorite April Fool's Gags?

Postby Eric Rose » March 9th, 2006, 10:50 am

My all time personal favorite (that I still regularly do) is the magnetic Starbucks cup. Reinforce the inside of a Starbucks cup with duct tape. Put a nice strong magnet inside the cup. Put the magna-cup on the front seat of your car. When you get your Starbucks next time, use the opening of the car door to switch the full cup with magna-cup. Pause, stand back up and look at your keys. As you look at the keys, absentmindedly put the magna-cup on the top of your car. Get in the car and pull out. People will start pointing at you and gesturing. I like to look back at them as though they are odd and then wave. They will gesticulate, yell, etc. Just ignore it and keep going. A truly beautiful moment. Another thing that will happen is they will roll down their windows at stoplights, point and yell "Starbucks!" I'll nod and smile, maybe give them a thumbs up, and take a drink from my Starbucks for them to see.

I'm not sure how prolific Starbucks are in Hong Kong, but there used to be one in the lobby of the building at the base of Victoria Peak...

Postby Guest » March 9th, 2006, 3:47 pm

I love the cup idea! I tried only once to do a joke. I had a boss who was a complete and utter d!ckhead (he has the distinction of being the only employee we ever had to send for a mental evaluation before letting him back on the property, he failed the eval and we let him go). He was terrible at his job so I made up a phoney organization that was going to award him for his brilliant expertise at their annual dinner, which was on April 1st. I sent a certificate and info on where the dinner would be held and that we wanted a speach etc.. Not only did he completely fall for it his boss, another idiot, fell for it and made a release to the company announcing the greatness of my boss. When I told them it was a joke rage came into play so I finally questioned the boss' boss how he could really believe that someone as dumb as my boss was would ever be recognized as anything other than an idiot. The manager realized that was correct and he didn't want to look bad so they dropped it. I gave up on jokes at that time.
Steve V

Terry

Postby Terry » March 9th, 2006, 5:25 pm

When I lived in Jax, Fl and worked at Barnett Bank, there was a pregnant lady in our section. The manager was always whining about the possibility she would go into labor at work.

April 1, we had her lay on the floor and poured a little water around her legs. Another lady went screaming into his office that she was in labor. He came running out and about peed himself. He ran back into his office to call 911 and we helped her up and into his office with a loud 'April Fools'.

Sean Macfarlane

Postby Sean Macfarlane » March 10th, 2006, 3:12 pm

That's hilarious! I heard that John Kennedy did a gag in a hotel where he took the shower curtain from his hotel room, recorded on tape the sound of a running shower, and then went to the elevator and set up the shower curtain so that his head and part of his upper body were visible, he had his shirt off and his head lathered with shampoo and had the tape playing with the sound of a shower running. He then went down to the ground floor and totally freaked out people who were waiting to get in the elevator. He told them he was almost done and wouldn't long......ha...that's hilarious!

Sean

Terry

Postby Terry » March 10th, 2006, 7:13 pm

Here's another one.

Same manager, different employee. The employee was an elderly gentleman who had endured colon cancer. He was missing most of his colon and would suffer the worst gas any human should endure.

The manager had a fear he would be trapped in the men's room with the employee and have to endure the noxious odor.

Enter another employee - me. I always carried one of the little hand held whoopie cushions.

I happened to be washing my hands when the manager stepped into a seated stall to take care of some paperwork.

Naturally the whoopie cushion was called into service as I walked out the door. I stood in the hallway "talking" to a coworker when the manager came flying out like a bat out of hades.

This isn't the last of the stories concerning this particular manager.

Postby Guest » March 14th, 2006, 10:52 pm

My freshman year in college I had a roommate who insisted on playing his radio while he studied late at night, even after I'd gone to bed. So I had bought an FM transmitter and tuned it to the same frequency he would listen to.

That night, after I had "gone to sleep," he turned his radio on. I then turned on the transmitter which created static on his radio. After he adjusted the antennae, I turned the transmitter off.
Moments later I turned it back on and didn't turn it off until he had both hands on the antennae. The cycle repeated until eventually he was leaning back in his chair, waving the radio around in circles above his head.

He would still play the radio at night afterwards, but it didn't bother me as much as I knew I had the power...

Terry

Postby Terry » March 15th, 2006, 5:24 pm

Manager: Same one

Employees: Carl, Jason & Me

Situation: Manager still fears gas odor.

The Plan: I was heading down to Daytona Magic when Jason asked me to pick up a can of "fart spray". I did.

He and Carl sprayed the entire can under the manager's desk.

Manager came running out of his office like a woman to a shoe sale.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » March 15th, 2006, 6:21 pm

Heres one that was pulled on me. The crew of merchandisers I was on back in the late 80s was in Palm Springs working on a store there. We worked nights, so our afternoons were for golf and evenings for food & fun. It was my turn to host the poker game, so I also had to order the pizza as well (in those days we traveled 35 weeks out of the year, so everyone got their opportunity many times over). More time than it should have taken to be delivered passed, and I started to get grumpy. Pretty soon, the phone in my room rang. A voice in very broken English asked:

You order pizza?

Yes

Where you at?

I explained. He repeated the wrong information back. I explained again; it came back even more messed up. This went back and forth a few times. Pretty soon, I was PISSED OFF! Im yapping at this guy about the fact that he lived in Palm Springs, worked as a delivery man and apparently couldnt find his ass with both hands and other pleasantries. The guys in the room were in hysterics, not because of my smart-assed comments (as I thought) but because somehow they knew what I didnt: That the voice on the other end was one of the other guys on the crew. I was still ranting when the real delivery guy showed up; which is when I knew I was had. Pretty soon Dennisthe voice and a guy who could pull off something like that without cracking up mid way throughcomes into my room asking in the voice and accent I heard if I order pizza? To this day when I see some of the guys who were there, they will screw with me and ask if I order pizza? They can also keep a secret, since I still really dont know how they pulled it off. All I can think of is that I went to the can and they set it up by calling Dennis in his room (who didnt play). But I dont really know and they arent talking (paybacks for card tricks I wouldnt explain).

Dustin

Kevin Connolly

Postby Kevin Connolly » March 15th, 2006, 7:20 pm

Play the latest winning numbers in the past local lottery. Ask someone to check the numbers in the paper to see if it's a winner. They will flip when all 6 numbers come out on the ticket.
Please visit my website.
http://houdinihimself.com/
I buy,sell + trade Houdini, Hardeen items.

Return to “General”