Thurmaturge lack of response

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

Thurmaturge lack of response

Postby Guest » June 21st, 2007, 4:14 am

I have emailed Ari Simon four times now, using different email addresses to send from and not heard back.

I've not received a single copy of his publication since paying for a sub over 8 months ago.

It wasn't *that* much money, but I just wondered if it is still in business or anyone else is receiving their copies?

Re: Thurmaturge lack of response

Postby Guest » June 22nd, 2007, 3:39 am

Anyone...Anyone...

Bueller?

El Mystico

Postby El Mystico » June 22nd, 2007, 5:15 am

it maybe that no one else subscribed....which would explain both why you are not getting copies and why no one is answering you here....

Postby Guest » June 22nd, 2007, 6:18 am

Fair point. Just wondered if anyone had gotten copies.

Seems not.

Hey ho.

Postby Guest » June 26th, 2007, 1:50 pm

I, too, paid for a subscription last year.
Received not a thing as yet.

As P.T Barnum once said............"There is a sucker, born every minute......"

I am one of those suckers.

Pity.

Peace.

Postby Guest » June 26th, 2007, 3:43 pm

I had a problem with Thaumaturge back in December.
Ari Simon emailed me and said his email system was down for 5 weeks - I know nearly nothing about computers but didn't think that would take so long to resolve.
Anyway, I did receive 4 issues, but nothing since. (It's been nearly 4 or 5 months.)

Postby Guest » June 27th, 2007, 4:48 am

I received an email from Mr. Simon last night stating that due to a "lack of sufficient material, I am postponing publication of The Thaumaturge for the time being." He offered me a refund for the issues I didn't receive. I am happy he contacted me.
Here's his address: ari_simon@thaumaturgenews.com

Postby Guest » June 27th, 2007, 11:25 am

I also got an email last night from him, also offering a refund.

Shame it took half a dozen unanswered emails and several posts here to get to that stage.

Seems like there is no business there at all. Shame, the back issues I picked up at the swap meet were good.

Postby Guest » June 27th, 2007, 6:15 pm

Why is it that magicians are so suckered into these type of scams?

I realize that magi's want to correspond and keep up to date with what is happening.

But it just seems futile when we keep getting burned by so-called magazines dealing with magic.

Not to mention the amount of c**p out there selling for 20-30 dollars a pop for one trick. The price of that one trick would have gotten you a BOOK!

Postby Guest » June 28th, 2007, 4:27 pm

I'm a subscriber. I'm sure Mr. Simon was sincere in wanting to get his pamphlet out in good faith. It didn't work out. Let it go.

jerry lazar

Postby jerry lazar » June 28th, 2007, 4:53 pm

Guys, I believe Mr. Simon is a well intentioned and ambitious TEENAGER, and a member of the Magic Castle's junior program, who has a great love and passion for magic, and wanted to communicate that to the community. For his publication, he personally sought out and conducted interviews with such luminaries as Max Maven, Teller, Bill Malone, Michael Ammar, et al... Though I don't know him personally, I'd like to believe he had the best of intentions, and was probably overwhelmed by the harsh realities of the publishing world -- not to mention the exigencies of young adulthood... I don't believe for one second that he ever intended to bilk or cheat anyone... I'm guessing that no one is more disappointed in his magazine's suspension of publication than he is... As the father of a teen, I give the guy a lot of credit for launching a magic mag, and getting as far as he did... In short, let's be appreciative that we have young students who are helping spread the wisdom of the masters... and cut the poor guy some slack!

Return to “General”