Shahin

Bebel Card Book?

Postby Shahin » May 28th, 2003, 3:44 pm

any updates on this project?

Shahin

Todd Lassen

Re: Bebel Card Book?

Postby Todd Lassen » May 30th, 2003, 7:01 pm

The book is being written by Sebastien Clergue. There is no release date yet, but he says in the very near future. The illustrative photos are done. The book is being published by Murphy's Magic Supplies...big book, dozens of moves, routines and tips...the real work from a guy that makes his living doing card tricks on the street...for real. I just had the pleasure of seeing Bebel work in his environment...awesome!

Postby Guest » May 31st, 2003, 6:10 pm

his environment:

A brightly-lit street corner on Boulevard Saint-Germain with no end of pedestrian traffic in spite of the late hour.

Altogether magical!

Grant McSorley

Postby Grant McSorley » July 6th, 2003, 4:41 pm

Anyone know if Bebel still works in the same area? I found the listing for the theatre he perfroms at now doing Les Soirees Fantastiques, but I'd love to see him work on the street.

Grant

Postby Guest » July 7th, 2003, 2:05 am

Yes Bebel is still working in the same area (St-Germain-des-Prs / Rue de Buci) these days, depending on the weather (hot and humid here in Paris!). Both of us will be at FISM too.

Regards,

Seb.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2008, 5:52 pm

Any news on the Bebel book?

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2008, 8:30 pm

i hope this book is still in the works for a release. then again, some books take a long time before it ever sees daylight.

PapaG

Postby PapaG » August 14th, 2008, 11:17 am

Does anyone have any news on this book or an email address for Sebastien Clergue? I contacted Murphys about the possible release date and they stated that they have heard nothing back from Sebastien Clergue (the author) for some time. I'm wondering if the project is dead or still alive...

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » August 14th, 2008, 11:30 am

Last I heard Seb was busy with some production work - when the book is ready no doubt it will be advertised heavily in the trades and online.
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

PapaG

Postby PapaG » August 14th, 2008, 12:08 pm

Yes, I was told that Sebastien Clergue is involved deep in production for another artist. As the Bebel book was expected several years ago, I was wondering whether his new job meant that he was on indefinite sabbatical from the project.

Return to “General”