New York Magic Conference number 3

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
NYMagicConference
Favorite Magician: Doug Henning

New York Magic Conference number 3

Postby NYMagicConference » April 8th, 2024, 6:39 pm

NewYorkMagicConference # 3

The 3rd NewYorkMagicConference is being held on Saturday May 11, 2024. This edition is focusing on Close-Up & Parlor Magic. The conference will be featuring the magic talents of four rising magic stars and graduates from Tannen’s Magic Camp. The baffling card magic of Shoji Naruishi who stunned The Magic Castle audiences in 2023. The magical trio of Charlie Philips, Dan Winter, and Jacob Greenwald who just finished an acclaimed run at The Peller Theater at The Magic Castle.

This year the organization is honoring Eric DeCamps for his many years of service to the magic community and for his years of performances for the general public. Including his many runs of his one-person shoe, PURE MAGIC- A Performance of Contemporary Conjuring. Eric will be doing a special performance and his longtime friend Devlin, The Matador of Magic, will be hosting an interview about his magic career, their beginnings and experiences sharing the stage performing at NYC’s two legendary magic themed night clubs, The Magic Towne House and Mostly Magic. Other topics include magic contests, magic awards, magic media, the importance of magic today as a performing art in the modern world.

Eric will also be hosting a workshop on how to transform a trick into magic. The demonstration will center around the structuring of a magic routine. Concentrating on securing your audience’s attention and maintaining it throughout your presentation and specifically emphasizing its conclusion. If you have a magic piece that you would like Eric’s distinctive input, please schedule it with the organizers by May 1 and will do our best to include your piece in the workshop.

The day is full of motivating events to enjoy, learn from and I hope you can join us.

For more information go to http://www.newyorkmagicconference.com

Seating is limited so lock in your seat now before the event is sold out!
To Register email newyorkmagicconference@gmail.com

NYMagicConference

Re: New York Magic Conference number 3

Postby NYMagicConference » April 8th, 2024, 7:09 pm

NYMagicConference wrote:NewYorkMagicConference # 3

The 3rd NewYorkMagicConference is being held on Saturday May 11, 2024. This edition is focusing on Close-Up & Parlor Magic. The conference will be featuring the magic talents of four rising magic stars and graduates from Tannen’s Magic Camp. The baffling card magic of Shoji Naruishi who stunned The Magic Castle audiences in 2023. The magical trio of Charlie Philips, Dan Winter, and Jacob Greenwald who just finished an acclaimed run at The Peller Theater at The Magic Castle.

This year the organization is honoring Eric DeCamps for his many years of service to the magic community and for his years of performances for the general public. Including his many runs of his one-person show, PURE MAGIC- A Performance of Contemporary Conjuring. Eric will be doing a special performance and his longtime friend Devlin, The Matador of Magic, will be hosting an interview about his magic career, their beginnings and experiences sharing the stage performing at NYC’s two legendary magic themed night clubs, The Magic Towne House and Mostly Magic. Other topics include magic contests, magic awards, magic media, the importance of magic today as a performing art in the modern world.

Eric will also be hosting a workshop on how to transform a trick into magic. The demonstration will center around the structuring of a magic routine. Concentrating on securing your audience’s attention and maintaining it throughout your presentation and specifically emphasizing its conclusion. If you have a magic piece that you would like Eric’s distinctive input, please schedule it with the organizers by May 1 and will do our best to include your piece in the workshop.

The day is full of motivating events to enjoy, learn from and I hope you can join us.

For more information go to http://www.newyorkmagicconference.com

Seating is limited so lock in your seat now before the event is sold out!
To Register email newyorkmagicconference@gmail.com

NYMagicConference

Postby NYMagicConference » April 17th, 2024, 6:01 pm

ERIC DECAMPS – NEW YORK MAGIC CONFERENCE HONOREE 2024

On Saturday May 11, 2024 the New York Magic Conference will be honoring New York’s own Eric DeCamps for his dedication to the magic community and his artistic achievements in the art of magic.

Eric DeCamps has been amazing audiences for more than 40 years and has been voted Magician of the Year by The Society of American Magicians. He is only the second person in the 122-year history of the organization to receive the prestigious Gold Medal of Excellence for Close Up Magic. His other recognitions include the prestigious Milbourne Christopher Foundation’s Award for Close -Up Magic, Variety Artist of the Year by Backstage Magazine, and the 2023 Most Valuable Performer at the world renowned 4F Invitational Magic Conference.

Mr. DeCamps will be presenting a special performance from his prolific repertoire of treasured classics of magic. In addition, Joe Devlin, The Matador of Magic, will sit with Eric DeCamps to discuss why he chose the art of magic as his instrument to express himself. The lifelong friends will also discuss their beginnings and experiences performing at NYC’s two legendary magic themed night clubs, The Magic Towne House, Mostly Magic, and Mr. DeCamps’ theatrical runs of his one-person show, PURE Magic – A Performance of Contemporary Conjuring. Other topics include magic contests, magic awards, magic media, the importance of magic today as a performing art in the modern world.

Mr. DeCamps will conduct an open workshop examining his approach and execution of some of his prized magic performance pieces and he invites attendees to sign up by May 6 to present a piece for him to view and provide his insights to enhance their presentation and execution. This is a rare chance to get valuable input from one of today’s modern Masters of Sleight of Hand. This eye-opening workshop is not only geared for the novice, but the event will serve even the most seasoned performer.

Tickets are very limited so please secure your seat today, because it will be a wonderful day of jaw-dropping magic. See you there!

For tickets email us at newyorkmagicconference@gmail.com or go to https://newyorkmagicconference.com

For more information on Eric DeCamps please go to http://www.ericdecamps.com

NYMagicConference

Re: New York Magic Conference is part of the month long New York Festival of Magic

Postby NYMagicConference » April 27th, 2024, 10:06 pm

2024 NYC Festival of Magic Schedule
April 30th through May 29th
- a whole month of wonder!

1. April 30, 2024 - Joe Monti Lecture - Don’t Blink Magic Shop, 336 West 37th Street, Suite 960, New York, NY - $75.00 https://dontblinknyc.com/

2. May 2, 2024 - Boris Wild Lecture - 7pm - Tannens’ Magic Shop, 45 West 34th Street, Suite 608, New York, NY - $30.00 - for tickets: https://tannens.com/

3. May 3, 2024 - Avner the Eccentric Lecture - 7:30pm - Don’t Blink Magic Shop, 336 West 37th Street, Suite 960, New York, NY - $20.00
https://magicsampa1.com/

4. May 4, 2024 - 115th Annual Salute to Magic - 6:30pm - Abrons Art Center, 466 Grand Street, New York, NY - for tickets: https://salutetomagic.com/

5. May 11, 2024 - New York Magic Conference #3 honoring Eric DeCamps with special guests: Devlin,The baffling card magic of Shoji Naruishi who stunned The Magic Castle audiences in 2023; The magical trio of Charlie Philips, Dan Winter, and Jacob Greenwald who just finished an acclaimed run at The Peller Theater at The Magic Castle - 9am to 5pm - Douglaston, Queens, NY - $45.00, $55.00 at the door - seating is limited; to register: https://newyorkmagicconference.com

6. May 14, 2024 - Anson Chen Lecture - 7pm - Tannens’ Magic Shop, 45 West 34th Street, Suite 608, New York, NY - $30.00 - for tickets: https://tannens.com/

7. May 29, 2024 - Auction of Rare Magic Treasures; A Fundraiser for PA#1 - Hosted by Joshua Jay- Registration and Preview at 6 pmAuction at 7 pm - Dizzy Gillespie Auditorium Baha'i Center, 53 E. 11th Street, New York, NY.for information: https://magicsampa1.com/

NYMagicConference

Postby NYMagicConference » May 9th, 2024, 1:13 pm

The Legendary and the Future of Magic

It's not often that one has the opportunity, in one day, to see both those who have largely contributed to shaping the world of Magic today, and those who will be likely shaping the world of Magic tomorrow.

On Saturday, May 11th in the beautiful historic garden suburb of Douglaston, New York, celebrated magicians Eric DeCamps and Devlin will be joined by four young magicians with enormous potential.

I've often wondered what it would have been like to see a young Doug Henning or the Great Davino, Michael Ammar or David Williamson as they were starting out, and performing at their first convention. And to see all of these magicians, working together and interacting throughout the day, in a never to be repeated convention, will be simply, Amazing!

The conference will be featuring the baffling card magic of Shoji Naruishi who stunned The Magic Castle audiences in 2023. Shoji has also performed at Magic Live and in America's Got Talent.

The magical trio of Charlie Philips, Dan Winter, and Jacob Greenwald who just finished an acclaimed run at The Peller Theater at The Magic Castle. Their recent collaborations include that of Asi Wind's Broadway Show.
This year the organization is honoring Eric DeCamps for his many years of service to the magic community and for his years of performances for the general public. Including his many runs of his one-person show, PURE MAGIC- A Performance of Contemporary Conjuring.

Eric will be doing a special performance and his longtime friend Devlin, The Matador of Magic, will be hosting an interview about his magic career, their beginnings and experiences sharing the stage performing at NYC’s two legendary magic themed night clubs, The Magic Towne House and Mostly Magic. Other topics include magic contests, magic awards, magic media, the importance of magic today as a performing art in the modern world.

The day is full of motivating events to enjoy, learn from and I hope you can join us. For more information please go to newyorkmagicconference.com
Seating is limited so lock in your seat now; the event is almost sold out!
To Register email: newyorkmagicconference@gmail. com

Eric DeCamps

Postby Eric DeCamps » May 13th, 2024, 9:31 pm

NEW YORK MAGIC CONFERENCE # 3
This past Saturday May 11 the New York Magic Conference held their third symposium. The event featured a special performance by me, a workshop, and an in-depth interview of my career. The event also starred future magic stars, Shoji Naruishi, Charlie Philips, Dan Winter, and Jacob Greenwald. The performances of these four young men garnered them a resounding standing ovation! One thing is for sure, the future of the magic arts are in good hands with these four young talented magicians.

Joe Devlin, The Matador of Magic, interviewed me and we discussed why I chose the art of magic as my instrument to express myself. We also discussed our beginnings sharing the stage at NYC’s two legendary magic night clubs. The Magic Towne House and Mostly Magic is we developed our skills. Other topics included contests, awards, and the importance of magic today as a performance art in the modern world.

To close the day’s event the head organizer, Robert Dadras, presented me with a life time achievement award. The award is a beautiful golden statue and I was left speechless!

I would like to thank Robert Dadras, his team, and his family for all their hard work on putting this event together. I would also like to thank Terri Cook, Michael Goldman, Adam Blumenthal, and Devlin for all of their support and friendship. Last but not least, a special thank you to my wife Celeste who is an inspiration and is always there for me.

Here is a link to a slideshow of the event and the fun we had!

https://youtu.be/_wn8AQWDTsY?si=oSXo3_6hGkHBXOpo

Return to “General”