Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Jack Shalom

Rene Levand as a young man on Ed Sullivan

Postby Jack Shalom » October 17th, 2021, 11:49 pm

mrmagik68
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Re: Rene Levand as a young man on Ed Sullivan

Postby mrmagik68 » November 25th, 2021, 12:32 pm

Wow!!!! What a beautiful treat that was. Thank you so much for posting this. I have always been amazed at what Levand accomplished with just one hand. Sullivan seems to have enjoyed good magic which is rarity nowadays with some of these TV talk show hosts. Bravo!!!

Roberto

Eoin O'hare

Postby Eoin O'hare » November 25th, 2021, 4:46 pm

René Lavand
Designer & Maker of The Stripper Jig Card Trimmer

k410

Postby k410 » November 28th, 2021, 1:18 pm

Thank you for posting that, Jack!

chetday
Favorite Magician: Jon Racherbaumer

Postby chetday » November 29th, 2021, 1:32 pm

Gosh, that brought back some long-forgotten memories. Thanks for sharing this, Jack.

MagicbyAlfred

Postby MagicbyAlfred » November 29th, 2021, 3:19 pm

Funny Story: On another forum recently, someone started a topic on dead-cutting to the 4 Aces. There was a fairly copious discussion on the Scarne Aces, as to what cutting to the aces routine(s) people liked to perform, what their favorite routine was etc. Virtually after every post someone made in regard to a routine, an illustrious card magician, who shall go unnamed, posted that the routine in question paled by comparison to the Halo Aces. As fate would have it, I found the clip of Rene doing his routine on the Sullivan Show and posted it. The routine was then essentially shrugged off by the unnamed magician, and the absolute incomparability of the Halo Aces insistently reaffirmed. In a follow-up post, I noted how phenomenal I thought Rene's performance was, and especially given Rene having only one hand. Lo and behold, the unnamed magician then posted that he had had no idea, upon watching the Sullivan clip, that Rene had just one hand, and, to his credit (and my surprise), he conceded that it was "incredible."

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 29th, 2021, 4:01 pm

I used to do HaLo Aces. It's a very good and deeply fooling Ace Cutting routine. However, unlike the Scarne version, the spectator cannot shuffle the deck.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

MagicbyAlfred

Postby MagicbyAlfred » November 29th, 2021, 6:58 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:I used to do HaLo Aces. It's a very good and deeply fooling Ace Cutting routine. However, unlike the Scarne version, the spectator cannot shuffle the deck.

Yes it is fabulous. However, they can shuffle if the aces are first palmed off and then replaced on top thereafter. When I started doing it that way, there was a significantly greater impact than the already excellent one hitherto,

Return to “General”