A question to Pete Biro

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Postby Philippe Noël » 03/10/02 01:28 AM

Pete,
Talking once more about Kaps.
You said that professor's nightmare was part of his repertoire.
What kind of presentation did he have?
Was it a special one?
You also mention a trick you called spot card. What kind of trick is it?

Philippe Nol
Philippe Noël

Postby Pete Biro » 03/11/02 09:21 PM

My recollection was the Professor's Nightmare Version Kaps dis was basically Slydini's handling. I don't know the patter as he spoke Dutch when I saw him do it.

You might ask Koornwinder, here on occasion.

Spot card? It was the standard, you show a 1 on one side a 3 on other side, then a 4 and a 6... etc. etc.

It was probably the card sold by Ken Brooke, same as Seabrooke uses, but can no longer get as the maker died.
Stay tooned.
Pete Biro

Postby David Nethery » 03/17/02 11:37 AM

A good "spot card" is the one that Norm Nielsen makes. see NIELSEN MAGIC web site

I like it because it has white spots on black; looks like a big domino. As with all Nielsen products the quality of the workmanship is excellent.
David Nethery

Postby Paul Green » 03/17/02 12:39 PM

Yes, Dai. The Nielsen card is well-made, but it totally different from the Ken Brooke model that Pete addresses. Seabrooke uses one of the Brooke models. It allows for some speedy and unique handling.

Regards,

Paul Green
Paul Green

Postby David Nethery » 03/17/02 08:02 PM

Originally posted by Paul Green:
Yes, Dai. The Nielsen card is well-made, but it totally different from the Ken Brooke model that Pete addresses.

Yep. But since the Ken Brooke model is apparently unavailable at this time I thought I would just chime in to mention the availability of another excellent version of the spot card effect (Nielsen's) for anyone who might be interested, Phillipe Noel , et al.

Back to "lurking"......... :cool:

David
David Nethery

Return to Buzz