Alice Cohen has died

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Postby Ken Trombly » 09/01/02 06:47 AM

Alice Cohen, wife of recently retired magic dealer Al Cohen, has passed away. Alice had been ill with cancer, and Al was extremely devoted to her. I do not have any funeral details, but would appreciate if someone would post it.
Ken Trombly

Postby Richard Kaufman » 09/01/02 10:53 AM

Alice Cohen, wife of Al Cohen, died on Saturday August 31. Her funeral will be held on Tuesday September 3 at 11:30 am at the Hines-Rinaldi Funeral Home located in Silver Spring. It's on New Hampshire avenue between Colesville Road and Randolph Road. The obituary will appear in Monday's Washington Post.
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that our thoughts are with Al in his time of grief.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Dave Shepherd » 09/01/02 12:37 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with my friend Al Cohen right now.

It has been a very difficult and trying time for both Al and his son Stan the past few years. Stan lost his wife to illness a couple years ago, and one of the main reasons that Al sold his business was to care for Alice.

Richard, I appreciate your posting the funeral details. I am very sorry I won't be able to attend.

Al said many times, both publicly and privately, that Alice was his right hand in his life and his business. My deepest sympathies go to Al and Stan at this time.
Dave Shepherd

Postby Guest » 09/01/02 02:09 PM

I'd like to write volumes here...but it's a sad time, and the words do not come.

While she wasn't always a fan of magic....she was of people, and magicians especially. The Magic world has lost a very dear friend.

My heart goes out to Al, Stan and family.
Steve

Postby Richard Kaufman » 09/02/02 08:58 AM

Alice Cohen, wife of Al Cohen, died on Saturday August 31. Her funeral will be held on Tuesday September 3 at 11:30 am at the Hines-Rinaldi Funeral Home located in Silver Spring. It's on New Hampshire avenue between Colesville Road and Randolph Road. The obituary will appear in Monday's Washington Post.
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that our thoughts are with Al in his time of grief.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Guest » 09/03/02 10:43 AM

Does anyone know if contributions to any particular place has been set up in memorium of Alice? If so, to whom?

Postby Dave Shepherd » 09/04/02 02:59 AM

I understand that IBM Ring 50 (National Capital Area Ring) is considering making a contribution to the American Cancer Society from the Ring treasury and from this evening's 50/50 proceeds.
Dave Shepherd

Return to Buzz