David Roth's Fire Sale

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Postby Guest » 11/07/06 02:20 PM

Interested parties should go to Ebay, where David's treasured books are being autioned off!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :LCA:US:31

(make sure you get the entire link in your browser! Or, search Ebay for "David Roth")

Postby Guest » 11/07/06 03:22 PM

Sorry to hear about the fire, which was news to me. I'm guessing the items would attract more attention/bidders/higher prices if listed in the following section of eBay:
Magic Books on eBay
which is specifically intended for magic books.
Good luck!

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » 11/07/06 04:15 PM

Originally posted by Richard Hatch:
Sorry to hear about the fire, which was news to me.
It happened back in May, I believe, and was the result of bad wiring in his apartment. If I recall, Roger Dreyer posted a notice about here around the time it happened. Most of the damage happened in David's bedroom, where the fire started. David only had a few minor burns/scratches, but was locked out of his apartment for several months, and had to stay with some friends. He actually gave a great lecture at Fantasma just a few days after it all happened. He's been back in his place for a couple of months now and, as indicated here, some of his property (especially the stuff that was in his bedroom) was damaged. Good to know he was able to salvage some stuff. Might be interesting to pick up one or two of these items.

-Jim
Jim Maloney_dup1

Return to Buzz