Idea for a Packet Snapchange.

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Postby Guest » 01/27/03 05:52 PM

There may be one or two guys out there interested in this little thing. I want to get a few opinions on it and also find out whether it's already in the literature before I claim it. The illusion is that a packet of cards,when snaped, turn instantly into different cards. Four indifferent selections into the four aces for sake of argument. The use of the Marlo style snapchange is used to create the initial change of a face card and the cards behind are Already aces.
The switch of the indifferents can be made early using the vernon addition leaving one indifferent card at the face in view. The other seletions are left on the deck and the aces come out secretly in place of them, it is then only a matter of executing the snapchange letting the face card ride around the back and out of sight exposing the aces which are already there. A lovely natural touch is that the cards fan out slightly after this, which is perfect as the other aces can then be seen without any other movement of the fingers. What do you think?

Postby Richard Kaufman » 01/27/03 08:40 PM

I don't recall it: let's ask Rock. Rock ...
Oh, Rock ....?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Bill Duncan » 01/27/03 10:41 PM

It's not quite the same but very much like Phil Goldstein's Snap Differential which can currently be found on page 10 of Focus.
Bill Duncan

Postby Guest » 01/28/03 01:26 AM

Thanks I'll certainly look that one up.

Postby Guest » 01/28/03 05:44 AM

Thanks Richard and Bill for the replies.

In your opinion Bill is it so much like the Goldstein trick that it could be considered the same move, I will look at the item in Focus, but here and now, with your knowledge, what do you think?

Deano

Postby Bill Duncan » 01/28/03 09:15 PM

Dean,
Without seeing or reading a very complete description or your technique I can't offer an opinion.

It sounds like your move has two cards that "don't belong" The one on the face of the other cards and the one used for the visible change.

If after reading Snap Diff. in Focus you find that you've reinvented something take heart that thinking along the same lines as Max is never a bad thing!
Bill Duncan

Postby Guest » 01/28/03 11:47 PM

Thanks Bill
I wish I had Max's clarity so i could describe the move in better detail, it could do with some tidying up.

I'll figure it out

Postby Rennie » 01/29/03 01:55 PM

Dean,
I actually have a set of 4 cards that do change into 4 other cards with a snap of one finger running over the faces. They are gimmicked and they were manufactured I believe by Cards by Martin and it looks very visual when doing it.
If interested I would have to go through many boxes to find them so let me know.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve is not !!
Rennie

Return to Buzz