JonRacherbaumer.com

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Postby John Pezzullo » 01/08/02 02:39 AM

I've listed the following under 'Gossip & Rumors' but it's actully neither.

It's actually a recommendation to others.

I signed up a few weeks ago, going for 'Premium Membership' and I can highly recommend Jon's web site to those of you who are genuinely interested in card magic and close-up magic.
John Pezzullo

Postby David Penn » 01/08/02 06:28 PM

I signed up as well and the material on the site is excellent. However, for $50 per year, I sincerely hope that it is updated more often! For instance, in the premium site, 3 of the 4 topics are still listed as "coming soon"!
David Penn

Postby Geno Munari » 01/08/02 11:32 PM

Actually Jon has given us so much material it is overwhelming. What we spend for one effect and some accessories far exceeds the pitence (sic) Jon charges on his web site. It amounts to 14 cents a day. I like his site and will continue to support Jon.

Geno Munari
Geno Munari

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » 01/09/02 05:28 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys.

The Premium Section of JonRacherbaumer.com will in a 12-month period have at least the equivalent of 6-8 downloadable books--stuff unavailable elsewhere or stuff that has never been published before... This section is more robust than the others, but is not updated as frequently...

The purpose of my site is to create peer-to-peer relationships in areas of SPECIAL INTEREST and, in some cases, very LIMITED INTEREST. For example, there are some arcane tricks and principles that interest only about 50 people in magicdom; however, it's nice when the subject matter is easily available to these 50 people in magicdom. Mainstream magic magazines cannot afford to narrow their focus to this extent. How many cardmen, for example, are interested in treatises devoted to SELF-CORRECTING SET-UPS and the applicate of Gray Codes to Equivoque? This is the kind of subject Karl Fulves, Russduck, and P. Howard Lyons relished. So do I. I hope that others who like this sort of material find me and vice-versa.

In any case, over the years I've accumulated lots of material that other magazines have rejected as being too esoteric, strange, or uninteresting.

Earlier on, I always referred to this SPECIAL INTEREST group (as imagined) as my THREE-PERCENTERS.

There may be only 150 of you "out there."

Onward...
Jon Racherbaumer

Return to Buzz