Dangerous magic,Miller Beer& Chris Angel

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Postby MaxNY » 01/15/03 07:27 PM

Today's New York Post (1-15-030 reports that Miller Lite hopes its newest celebrity endorser won't drop in for a quick one.
---Magician Chriss Angel plans a stunt tonight, and introduces Miller Lite's new packaging makeover. He's going to dangle in midair 10 floors above Miller Lite's corporate headquarters (without a safety net) and try a free himself in just four minutes from iron chains and a straightjacket. Harry Houdini did it downtown at the Orpheum theatre some 80 years ago.
---Fraser Seitel, a director at Emerald Partners, a marketing and public relations firm questioned whether the brew is trying to encourage beer drinkers to get tanked up and do stupid things...
MaxNY

Postby John LeBlanc » 01/16/03 07:11 AM

Originally posted by MaxNY:
Fraser Seitel, a director at Emerald Partners, a marketing and public relations firm questioned whether the brew is trying to encourage beer drinkers to get tanked up and do stupid things...
I hardly think that group needs any encouragement.

John LeBlanc
Houston, TX
John LeBlanc

Postby MaxNY » 01/16/03 07:11 PM

Hey John, Scott Hollingsworth just gave a lecture up in New York (upstate) this week. He did a good job. Starts off doing a ring and rope, says this is one of his openers, I usually wait three or four tricks before I get up the gall to ask for a ring.
Hey, I am planning a trip to Texas soon, any magical sights in Austin, or Dallas to see?
MaxNY

Postby John LeBlanc » 01/17/03 06:46 AM

Originally posted by MaxNY:
Hey John, Scott Hollingsworth just gave a lecture up in New York (upstate) this week. He did a good job. Starts off doing a ring and rope, says this is one of his openers, I usually wait three or four tricks before I get up the gall to ask for a ring.
Hey, I am planning a trip to Texas soon, any magical sights in Austin, or Dallas to see?
You might offer to trade them for something of value... (Sorry, couldn't pass it up. <g>)

A few days ago, Scott Wells sent a note to the Houston magic list regarding an excellent article on Texas magic. Take a peek at this:

http://www.texashighways.com/currentiss ... hp?tid=222

The Texas Association of Magicians keeps a good list of magic in Texas. Take a look here:

http://www.taom.org/mit/mit.html

While in Dallas, make sure you stop in to visit with Magicland.

If you pass through Houston, contact Magic Island to see what's going on. A Houston trip also requires a visit to H&R Magic Books. And if you have time left over and if you'd like to, give me a call.

John LeBlanc
Houston, TX
John LeBlanc

Return to Buzz