Revolutionary Card Technique

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Postby Guest » 03/27/03 02:10 PM

I heard that Magic Inc is coming out with a hardbound compilation of the series? Does anyone know if they only bound them as-is, or did they re-typeset and/or re-illustrated?

Thanks in advance.

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » 03/27/03 02:21 PM

There is information regarding it on "magicinc.net" It was also available at the TSD convention in Chicago last weekend and I'm sure there are members here who have purchased and/or have seen a copy and could respond.
Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Guest » 03/27/03 06:32 PM

The new Revolutionary Card Technique was released at the TSD Convention in Chicago last weekend. The book is 538 pages, over 1000 illustrations (new illustrations), and the layout is simple, but nice. Magic, Inc. did a nice job.

Thanks to Chris at Magic, Inc. for driving to Michigan Friday to pick up some advanced copies for the TSD Convention. It helped add a little extra to the convention.

Postby Sam Kesler » 03/28/03 09:56 AM

Any stuff in this book us mere mortals can achieve (i.e. amateurs with a life :cool: , or is it mostly advanced?
Sam Kesler

Postby Guest » 03/28/03 01:06 PM

Even Marlo Without Tears are not free from tears. :D

Postby Kevin Williams » 03/28/03 01:57 PM

From the acknowledgments by Elliot Cutler, who edited the book,"Having originally been typed from handwritten notes, Marlo's text has not been best known for its clarity. The decision was made to modify the text when needed rather than to add endless sidebars of commentary." It also includes new illustrations by Michael Palazon.
Kevin Williams

Postby Guest » 04/02/03 02:36 PM

Just received an e-mail from Magic, Inc. that my copy of Marlo's RCT has shipped so it's going out to those who have ordred it.

Postby Matthew Field » 04/02/03 03:00 PM

Order before May 1 (by phone) from Magic Inc. and they'll pay postage (per their ad). This book is highly recommended to anyone interested in card magic. Anyone.

I have not yet seen the new edition, but I have each of the individually published chapters (and Ken Simmons' valuable index)and I ordered the hardback edition, and you should, too.

Matt Field
Matthew Field

Postby Guest » 04/03/03 07:44 AM

Wonderful! I just ordered mine by phone (Post Paid)! They said that they are shipping as well. I can't wait.

A few weeks ago, I bought the Estimation book. Just that alone is an amazing wealth of material; extremely interesting!

-Todd Ziegler

Postby Guest » 04/03/03 08:37 AM

Although I have not finished this book -- and it will be a few years before that happens -- the sections I have read, combining elegant re-writing and typeset text with new, accurate drawings, put this book into the Must Have category.

--Randy Campbell

Postby Guest » 04/03/03 09:51 AM

A few weeks ago, I bought the Estimation book. Just that alone is an amazing wealth of material; extremely interesting!
I agree. Steranko's ideas were light-years ahead of his time.

Postby Hannes Freytag » 04/03/03 10:10 AM

Hi,

do somebody know if the price of 50$ will stay after the publishing, of is this only a pre-publication offering ?

Hannes
Hannes Freytag

Postby Richard Kaufman » 04/03/03 11:50 AM

Ed, hahahah: yes, let's not forget that Ed Marlo read Steranko's unpublished manuscript for "The Ultimate Move" and THEN wrote the "Estimation" book.
I believe that the price for the new version of RCT is either the same or $5 more, but that may be just postage (postage, perhaps, is free as a pre-publication special offer).
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Guest » 04/04/03 02:41 PM

I was trying to be subtle, Richard.

;)

Return to Buzz