Sad News - Warren Stephens passed on this morning

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Postby Guest » 04/04/06 04:29 PM

Forwarded from Magic New Zealand E-mail.

"Message from Phil Willmarth
Warren Stephens, one of the most creative magical innovators ever died this morning at about 8:00 am.

Especially known for his kid-show material, Warren was interested in and knowledgeable about all forms of magic. A book about some of his magic is in the works and at least one videotape exists. A nearly lifelong teacher in highschool, Warren supplied magicians with expertly made magic most with solid presentations. His wife, Alice, and a number of adult children of whom he was very proud survive him.

Message from Johnny Ould
Our dear friend Warren, will be sadly missed. We will cherish his memory and continue to enjoy his magic as he had arranged through Chalet-Stephens ON LINE http://www.chaletstephens.com/

The following contact information may be of help. Alice and Warren Stephens, 17721 Martin Rd., Roseville MI 48066 USA

Postby Guest » 04/04/06 05:37 PM

I was sad to see the report of the passing of one of my oldest friends in magic, Warren Stephens. Warren and I were 'boy magicians' in our home town of Lansing, MI, and shared a lot of experiences. Just after his discharge from the military, Warren and I used to pitch a tent at Abbott's Get-Together (Gladys Abbott kindly finding us rural sites with outhouse and pitcher pump). As impecunious college students, Warren, his delightful wife Alice, and I would play euchre, argue, and hash-out world affairs. Some of Warren's inventions saw their first light in my father's basement workshop, and he delighted in telling tales of these experiences. He told me some time back by phone about his terminal condition, but bore it with the fortitude that was so characteristic of him. Our paths didn't cross much in recent years; however, we both cherished our mutual memories. Rest well, old friend.

Postby Guest » 04/05/06 10:32 AM

I met Warren only once, at a TAOM convention in Lubbock, Texas. We conversed quite a bit about various things that he had invented and/or improved. He was a great thinker in magic, a real gentleman and an inspiration.

Return to Buzz