Dustins thoughts on Mai-Lings thoughts:
1. Too much magic for a general audience
I understand your point, but it was a magic Awards show. However, a kindred novelty act may have been a welcome break (a juggler or a ventriloquist).
2. A lot of magic for lovers of magic.
I think even lovers of magic were disappointed by the quality of some of the magic. And then there was not enough from, for example, Andrew Goldenhersh. (Why not a nice close-up segment with jumbo screens for the theater audience?)
3. Good magic but overall not entertaining
4. Mac King was the funniest (as always)
Thank God for Mac King!
5. I was happy to see Arthur's improved act
since I haven't seen it since we worked together
5 years ago. It was good but the music was muszak
and that didn't help.
I know that was not Arthurs normal music, but Im not sure hes changed it or if there was an issue with rights and whether or not he could use his regular music on TV. Note that he performed an abbreviated version of the act. Arthur Trace is among magics very best right now and he proved it. Thank God for Arthur Trace!
6. I am surprised Pam Anderson's boobs didn't fall out.
Ive seen em. Youve seen two, youve seen em both. (Thanks Harry.)
7. Rick Thomas looks like he's out of shape all of a sudden.
I noticed that too; a little paunchy around the middle. I guess thats what happens when you are no longer doing two a day!
8. Gay looks different but it was nice seeing movies of Uncle Harry and Blackstone, Sr.
I always enjoy seeing clips of the Blackstones
9. I didn't get Merlini or the Veitnese girl stunts.
You are not alone. For both segments, what came to mind was, What the #*%@? When the Asian gal put on her jumpsuit, my son left the room saying, Theres no reason to watch her anymore.
10. Hans Klock got nice hair!
But no wind machine this time! Whats up with that?