Chuck Hickok Lecture Chicago Thursday Oct 7

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » 10/05/04 10:54 AM

On Thursday evening, October 7, 2004 at 7:00 pm,
Midwest Magic is proud to present:
Chuck Hickok
Chuck is a Past President of the PEA, an international organization comprised of the top 300 performers in the field of ethical, entertaining mentalism (or "Magic of the Mind"). With the publication of his enthusiastically received best seller, Mentalism Incorporated, Chuck has earned significant attention in the magic world where his professionalism, attention to detail, warm humor, and extraordinary teaching abilities has been noted in a succession of flattering reviews.
Chuck will discuss his eight beliefs about performing mentalism for corporate audiences: A Likeable Persona;
Believability; A Unifying Theme; Increasing Impossibility; Exclusivity; Multiple Moments of Amazement; Innocent or Natural Props; and Maximum Impact. Three fully explained routines--Magic Square, Book Test Trilogy; Triple Prediction (also in his book), illustrate his precepts. Chuck describes himself as _not an innovator but an enhancer. While many of his performance pieces are traditional his enhancements are uniquely his and add a professional patina, expedite handling, and evidence an understanding of showmanship and the demands of performing.
A litany of experiential lessons (he calls them Things I learned the Hard Way) prove his professionalism is the result of encountering many performance challenges and learning how to overcome them. His final routine, offered in alternative formats for those who seek the easier way out, is a culmination of his thinking and beliefs, tying together his performance, seemingly impossible, with multiple moments of amazement with maximized impact.
Chuck also has an interesting habit of distributing FREE lecture notes to all attendees.
It was one of the best lectures I have had several of the attendees said it was the best lecture they have
ever seen it was a gift of an entire working repertoire. I don't think praise can get much higher than that.
Marc DeSouza
Chuck's Lecture was the most organized lecture I have ever seen. He knows his subject and fooled people with his simple but strong mentalism. What is unique is that everything in his lecture is material he uses in his current show. This is rare. His explanations were amazingly clear and easy to understand. Everyone thought his lecture was one of the best in months.
Denny Haney, Denny & Lee Magic.
If you like mentalism or if you just want to learn want to learn about real-life performance in any situation, this lecture is for you. Tickets are $20 and we will be limiting attendance to 25 guests, so make your reservation today!
Midwest Magic
9706 Franklin Av.
Franklin Park, IL 60131
847-455-4288
Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » 10/06/04 11:11 AM

Lecture is tomorrow. Make sure to make reservations today.
Tom Dobrowolski

Return to Buzz