"Magic Night in New Orleans"

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Postby Guest » 05/28/06 07:52 PM

I alluded to this night in another subforum, but I wanted to make a formal announcement. After Katrina, several local magicians began meeting at Harry Anderson's French Quarter nightclub "Oswald's Speakeasy" for an unstructured "Magic Night." Soon, laypeople began wandering into the showroom and were very interested in magic. This has now evolved into a weekly organized "Magic Night" venture, with paying customers, etc.

Harry has generously allowed us to have access to his performing area/light/sound system, etc. Local professional magicians and enthusiasts perform on Harry's beautiful stage, and time is allotted for close-up table-hopping magic as well. It's been growing in popularity as we've been advertising it locally, and we've had some great turnouts. After the show, spectators can hang out in the club's courtyard watching more magic, etc., and magicians, including Harry and often Jon Racherbaumer often talk shop and work on new effects. It's a fun night, as I'm sure a few people who frequent this forum can attest.

If you're interested in performing or live in the region and want more information, please drop me a line.

I would also like to mention that Harry's act, "Wise Guy" plays every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night at 8PM in, of course, the same venue. It's a great act, and again, if you're in the area or plan to visit New Orleans, be sure to visit "Oswald's!"

-Bill

Return to Buzz