JC Wagner

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

JC Wagner

Postby Guest » September 17th, 2002, 11:27 am

I haven't heard anything in quite some time about JC. Does anyone know how he's doing, if he's performing anywhere...anything?

Re: JC Wagner

Postby Guest » September 17th, 2002, 3:11 pm

JC is alive and well in San Diego. He performs in a small bar on Saturdays, but he is semi-retired from performing.

Postby Guest » September 17th, 2002, 8:51 pm

Tell him next time you see him, let him know that he has a huge fan in Nashville. I recently started working at an Irish pub and it all goes back to JC being the first "bar" magician I'd seen and he blew me away!

Postby Guest » September 19th, 2002, 6:08 pm

Rick:

Apropos of nothing except the Irish Pub reference, I was in Ireland for a week in June, and, as is my habit, tried to buy a deck or two of "local" playing cards. I came up with bupkus! In each town we visited I tried department stores, souvenir shops, chemists, etc. and was scotched every time.

I did pick up one Guiness deck, and most locals told me they get cards is when the beer distributors pass them out in pubs. I also didn't see anyone playing card games, although I wouldn't consider my seach exhaustive.

Very strange. Any Irish lads want to let me in on what you'all do for pasteboards?

JC Wagner's Commercial Magic book and tapes rock, by the way.

--Randy Campbell

Postby Guest » September 19th, 2002, 8:21 pm

Randy,
I wholeheartedly agree. I'm working on JC's "Polish Marked Deck", and am reworking it as an "Irish Marked Deck" theme. I also started back working on the 2 Copper, 1 Silver routine from his book, adding some things from Doc Eason's routine, as well as James Lewis' routine.
Rick

Jeremy Medows

Postby Jeremy Medows » September 21st, 2002, 6:21 pm

I'm another fan of J.C. Wagner. I love his performances on his A-1 tapes and his books have some very strong magic in them.

Bandorama is one of the best card tricks you can do for laymen. I've been asked to do it on request years after I have performed it. It is one of those tricks that laymen remember.

And the way he does the Card under the Drink is my favorite.

JC is one of the most underrated magicians out there.

Jeremy

Return to “Buzz”