Halloween with Houdini

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Postby Guest » 07/16/05 07:26 AM

Many, many people have asked me if the Houdini Days Magic Festival in Appleton, Wisconsin will occur in 2005. Sadly, the answer is no.

In case you are not aware, on the last day of the 2004 Festival (September 6, 2004), I was in a car accident that resulted in both of my legs being crushed. A few operations later, I now have 17 screws, two plates, and a rod holding my legs together. In the past ten months, I have been in rehab and physical therapy to learn to walk again. This intensive rehabilitation required that my focus be redirected from organizing the Festival to my recovery.

Other parties were contacted to inquire as to their interest in organizing the Festival. Understandably, none were willing to bear the significant financial risk associated with holding a world-class event. Inevitably, the result was that the 2005 Houdini Days Magic Festival was not going to occur.

The good news is that the burning interest for magic in Houdinis Hometown caused me to come out of retirement and organize an evening event called: Halloween with Houdini.

Nine magicians and escape artists (Mike Schroeder, Trevor Motycka, Marv Roth, Bruce Hetzler, Danny Magic, Lou Lepore, Lee Haushalter, Stephen Weis, and Nate Nygren) will perform at this family-friendly show, whose proceeds will benefit the Fox Cities Childrens Museum.

Immediately following the Halloween with Houdini stage show, Mike Schroeder will attempt Shackled & Submerged - an underwater escape. Mikes wrists and ankles will be shackled and he will be submerged underwater in the Radisson Paper Valley Hotels pool. Mike will have to free himself from his restraints before he runs out of breath!

Mike Schroeder is attempting Shackled & Submerged as part of The Worldwide Escape Artist Relay (WEAR). This Guinness World Record challenge will feature escape artists from around the world attempting various escapes all within a 24 hour time period.

Details:
Date: Saturday, October 29, 2005
333 West College Avenue, Appleton, Wisconsin
Time: 6pm Doors Open Extreme Close-up Magic
7pm Halloween with Houdini Stage Show
Tickets: $5 General Admission available at the door

Thank you in advance for your interest.

Chris Cochrane
crcmagic@aol.com

Return to Buzz