Larry Jennings?

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

Postby Guest » 07/05/02 09:11 AM

Howdy all......

I've been looking for a kick ass effect from Jennings mind for a while now, but never decided to really pursue until the "Building a reputation" thread. I saw this some time ago, and the effect is called Ambidextrous Travellers. And apparently it is in the book "The Close up Magic of Larry Jennings" but I cant seem to find it anywhere!

A little help here people?

Thanks

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » 07/05/02 09:45 AM

Originally posted by Shaun Steel:
And apparently it is in the book "The Close up Magic of Larry Jennings" but I cant seem to find it anywhere!
Perhaps because you actually want "The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings?" Just a thought...

:)

-Jim
Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Guest » 07/05/02 09:51 AM

*Blushes*

Thanks Jim, but I searched that and still no luck :( Poor old Shauny!

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » 07/05/02 10:46 AM

No problem...

Where are you looking? I just found it at three different dealers:

Larry Jennings at Denny & Lee Magic Studio
Larry Jennings at Earth\'s Largest Magic Shop
Larry Jennings at Chazpro

-Jim
Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Philippe Noël » 07/05/02 10:48 AM

"The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings" p.233.

Philippe Nol
Philippe Noël

Postby Guest » 07/09/02 05:12 AM

Shaun,

I got mine here in the UK from

Magic Books By Post - Bristol

The sites a bit confusing but look under Mike Maxwell in the Authors section.

Ross

Postby Mike Powers » 07/09/02 05:46 AM

Don't forget Jennings' "The Visitor" and variations of it in Classic Magic. This is another Jennings' butt kicker.

Mike
Mike Powers

Postby Richard Kaufman » 07/09/02 03:53 PM

Larry Jennings created any number of routines that could "make" your reputation as a card man and "Ambidextrous Travelers," based on Alex Elmsley's "En Voyage," is certainly one of them. The method in Classic Magic of Larry Jennings is one of his earlier handlings. You can see it on the video Mike Maxwell is currently selling: Classic Magic. A much better handling appears on the Paris tapes which the slimeball Jeff Busby used to sell. I don't think these are currently available in the US.
My book, "Mr. Jennings Takes it Tough" (whenever the hell I manage to finish it) has several superior handlings. It is a GREAT trick BUT THE ACES MUST BE SIGNED!!!!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Guest » 07/09/02 08:02 PM

Richard PLEASE have mercy everytime you mention that book I get giddy with excitement. At this rate I will probably have a heart attack when it is actually for sale. And Shaun here are some words of wisdom. When the name Larry Jennings appears on the front cover of a book you see do whatever you have to do to buy it as soon as possible (that doesn't include Zesty Contras: A Selection of 500 New England Style Dances with a Provocative Explanatory Text, although that is a fun mental image). You will be a happy man.

Noah Levine

Postby CardFan » 07/10/02 03:59 PM

Diamond's Magic still has one set, possibly two, of the Jennings Paris Sessions videos that RK mentioned...Give Eddie Gardner a call at (978) 535 - 8950.
CardFan

Return to General