Originally posted by Thomas Wayne:
Whoa, wait just a minute there...
I took a few moments to review every post I made in the discussion you are referring to (MagicCafe, early December 2002) and I couldn't find one place where I said ANYTHING of the sort. Of course I supported my belief that the holdout we are producing offers the very best solutions to date, but I never insisted (or even implied) it was a "waste of time to use anything but a F/K UltHoldout". THAT claim is a complete fabrication.
So who's really being inflammatory here, Steve?
As usual, Thomas, you protest whenever someone doesn't agree with you. However this time even <you> have gone too far. A "complete fabrication"? You've never insisted or implied that it was a waste of time to use any holdout besides the admitedly top-of-the-line Fitch/Kohler??? What did you go back and check, all your posts to "Better Homes and Gardens"?
How about this from you at The Magic Cafe:
"Now that I took the time to go look at Hank Lee's site [to see Antonio Romero's "Perfect Holdout"], my opinion is that it's $190 worth of junk
Or how about this Thomas Wayne quote:
"Not only can this reel-on-a-safetypin (if that's what it is) steal items, but it can also deliver at least one thing: an instant case of buyer's remorse!
Or how about <this> TW quote:
"Whether or not your friend's device is 'well made' does not keep the concept itself from being 'junk'
TW, I'm sure you're a mechanical genius. That has little to do with your social grace or your factual memory however, which is why there is the originally mentioned thread [HERE]
which grew so contentious between you and a host of others that the topic was locked.
And by the way, all I stated originally (go back and read it) was that:
1) Jim Riser's web-ad reference to "Alaska" was a reference to the controversy you created at The Magic Cafe;
2) that you posted at The Magic Cafe that "...in so many words, that there wasn't room for a less expensive, less feature-laden model." And
3) your posts, which included a heated discussion with Mr. Jim Riser, probably helped Mr. Riser proceed with production of a holdout.
You don't seem to like my facts but unfortunately they are that...facts.
ps: In case Thomas Wayne, Tim, or anyone else here at The Genii Forum missed this, as one who has seen the Fitch/Kohler Ultimate Holdout,
1) I have stated repeatedly publicly and privately that the Fitch/Kohler Ultimate Holdout is state-of-the-art and the best holdout on the market.
2) I have stated publicly and privately that the ad copy Bob Kohler published at his website [ HERE
] is the single greatest magic ad ever written (sorry Jeff, Dick, and Ted). And what's interesting is that, based on my own observations as well as many others who previewed the UH, the ad copy is all true!