If a wannabee wanted to make a BIG splash today, they could glue themselves to the ceiling and get the fire department (and the press) to witness his/her rescue.Originally posted by Pete Biro:
...And now is the time to NOT LEVITATE... come up with the next great FAD trick.
Infringement of Copyright (and other Intellectual Property Rights) Policy
MetaCafe is committed to protecting the rights of copyright (and other Intellectual Property Rights) holders and seeks to comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the protection of intellectual property. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the text of which can inter alia be found at the U.S. Copyright Office website, http://lcWeb.loc.gov/copyright/).
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide MetaCafe's Copyright Agent the following information:
1. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
2. a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
3. a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on any of the Sites (or any related service);
4. your address, telephone number, and email address;
5. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
6. a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your aforementioned notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
We suggest that you first contact an attorney if you are not sure whether certain material of yours is protected by copyright or other form of intellectual property right.
MetaCafe's Agent for Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached by either of the following means:
By mail: MetaCafe INC. 8345 NW 66TH ST #8644 MIAMI FL 33166-2626
By email: CRfirstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 1-(646)-216-9297
Originally posted by Chris Aguilar:
Perhaps this information would be useful to Mr. Houchin or Mr. Angel....
I went to the "coin in can" exposure link and 43,381 people were interested enough to view it.Originally posted by Alan Bursky:
Yeesh. Do you really think the public pays attention to this kind of stuff. Tell me what other magicians are on TV weekly?
That could lead one to infer that any openly published item may as well be considered "up there for downloads".Originally posted by mrgoat:
I hate to break it to you guys,but you can get ...Just letting you know you are fighting and uphill battle that you will never, ever, win.
To be honest, you're wasting your time.
The question was how to keep the methods for magic contained to our little community. Does this mean 1-3 in the list above can be equated to exposure plain and simple? :eek:Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:
1) Don't make DVDs or videos of your magic for sale.
2) Do not publish any of your tricks in print.
3) Do not perform your tricks for any magicians.
Very tough rules to abide by, but they will keep your stuff secret.
The internet makes it easier to steal content, but, that's not to say it didn't happen before. Dodgy VHS copies being traded in magic clubs, lecture notes and even books being photocopied...Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:
The definition of exposure is a little quagmire I won't step into at the moment.
However, I think we can safely say that explaining your tricks to other magicians doesn't fit most people's definitions of exposure. (There are several who would dispute that, but they're a small group.)
The problem is the Internet: there's no way to contain the flow of information. It used to be a simple matter to keep most trick descriptions inside our community--that's no longer the case.
The door is open and the ghosts are coming out of the closets!