Steve Reynolds' "Seek 52" DVD

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Postby Matthew Field » 03/03/07 10:06 AM

I don't usually post recommendations for individual products, but I'm breaking that rule because I just finished watching Steve Reynold's new DVD "Seek 52" and I am very impressed.

There is some excellent material on the DVD, some of which I plan on adding to my repertoire, all of it shot and explained very clearly, with close-up inserts in the pictures to make everything crystal clear.

Steve is a Hamman and Marlo student, and he's got some original stuff, some clever handling variants, but all the material has an unusual look that sets it apart from anything else you might have seen. There is a good mix of material n the 11 effects for intermediate level card handlers, plus a separate section explaining most sleights used (with the exceptions of the Elmsley Count (thank God).

This is a video produced by people who understand card magic, so you get the sort of presentation you would if you were in a session with Steve. And Steve is a great teacher, making sure everything is broken down into easily comprehended steps.

In fact, "Seek 52" is the best card-oriented DVD I've seen in the last year. You can find information on ordering at http://www.tippingmitt.com

I have no connection to the video -- I'll be reviewing it in the May Magic Circular.

Well done, guys.

Matt Field
Matthew Field

Return to Buzz