The Tarbell Course In Magic Volume 8

Discuss your favorite books, authors, and tricks from Kaufman and Company.
Brad Amen

The Tarbell Course In Magic Volume 8

Postby Brad Amen » November 4th, 2005, 1:08 am

I was reading where The Tarbell Course In Magic Volume 8 was edited by Steve Burton and Richard Kaufman.

I was wondering if anyone knows if all of The Tarbell Course In Magic Volumes were also edited by Steve Burton and Richard Kaufman?

I don't own any of these books but will probably get them now if they have been updated by Steve and Richard. :D

Richard Hatch

Re: The Tarbell Course In Magic Volume 8

Postby Richard Hatch » November 4th, 2005, 7:55 am

I believe volumes 1 through 6 were edited by Ralph Read, volume 7 by Harry Lorayne. All 8 volumes are great references to have and constitute a compact "working library" of conjuring techniques, routines and advice. Everyone serious about magic should own a set! Sold as sets, they are often discounted, and copies show up on eBay frequently. Even new, the prices range from just $20 to $30 per volume, which is really a bargain for large hardbacks with such practical information.

Brad Amen

Postby Brad Amen » November 7th, 2005, 11:43 pm

Dear Richard,

Thank you very much for answering my questions about the Tarbell Volumes. That is really great to know! I'm going to have to order my set of them right away thanks to your insight. :) Especially at such a great price. Thank you for helping me again. I really appreciate it. ;)

Sincerely,
Brad Amen

Linds

Postby Linds » November 8th, 2005, 4:23 pm

I believe volumes 1 through 6 were edited by Ralph Read, volume 7 by Harry Lorayne.
Hi Richard

For what it's worth, I've just remembered that Vol 6 was edited by Bruce Elliot. I guess Harry did Vol 7 as a result of Bruce's unfortunate accident and untimely demise.

The complete series is a marvellous resource.

Regards
Lindsay

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » November 8th, 2005, 8:13 pm

Thanks, Lindsay, I appreciate the correction!

Return to “Kaufman & Company”