some recommendations please

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.

Postby Guest » 01/06/03 05:36 AM

Hi everyone.

This forum has been great for my enthusiasm for card magic. Thanks to your help and advice my technique is getting better and better. A special thanks goes to Mr. Peter Duffie. Thanks Mr. Duffie.

Anyway, I need some recommendation for some videos and dvds. I have books that I have purchased but now I would like to actually see how they are done and explained visually. I still don't have the money to purchase any yet but I want to have a list for reference. A few that are on my list are Daryl's Encyclopedia of Card sleights with few of his other dvds. Thanks all.

Postby Guest » 01/06/03 01:07 PM

Originally posted by Philip Kim:
Hi everyone.

This forum has been great for my enthusiasm for card magic. Thanks to your help and advice my technique is getting better and better. A special thanks goes to Mr. Peter Duffie. Thanks Mr. Duffie.
Let me second that. Genii has been an inspiration to me as well. Peter Duffie's site is also great as are his ideas.

Anyway, I need some recommendation for some videos and dvds.
Depends on your level of ability but there's a few that you can certainly learn a lot from:

- Basic Card Technique by Richard Kaufman (i emailed Meir Yedid recently and he informs me that this tape along with "On The Pass" will be coming out on DVD format sometime during February 2003)

- Daryl's Card Revelations series

- Easy to Master Card Miracles by Michael Ammar (haven't seen this myself but it comes highly recommended)

- Ed Marlo: The Cardician (i just got this a couple of days ago and it's great. Certainly something to work towards)

- Enough with the Tricks Already by David Regal (i watch this all the time and again it's something to aim for)

All these are available on DVD.

Good luck.

HappyTrickster

Postby CHRIS » 01/06/03 01:24 PM

Philip,

if you want to see how the various moves are done you could also check out Card College 1 the ebook . It has every move as embedded video clip (89 altogether), some from different angles, slow motion or zoom-in.

Card College 2 is being worked on as I write this and will continue along this successful avenue.

One of the very benefitial features is that everything is right there where you need it, text, illustrations and video.

Chris Wasshuber
preserving magic one book at a time.
CHRIS

Return to General