Advise on which ctw to buy?

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.

Postby Guest » 07/29/07 06:52 PM

I am looking to buy a card through window trick but not sure which one. Can anybody recommend a good version of this trick. Thanks

Postby Guest » 08/01/07 07:25 AM

you can find one version on ellusionist.com. there are also a couple other versions, like the one david blaine did in one of his tv specials (which i don't know if there is anything published on that version).

i don't really think anything i've seen is worth actually buying. the method is exactly what you might think it is, and not anything groundbreaking. not to knock the actual effect, when done right it can be awsome; but i think it has more to do with working on your slight of hand ability, than anything the tutorials can help you with.

Postby Ian Kendall » 08/01/07 09:11 AM

I'm partial to Dave Forrest's CTW, in a completely impartial way.

It's a lovely idea, and you can see the reactions it gets on their website. And it's fun to play with, too :)

Take care, Ian
Ian Kendall

Postby Guest » 08/01/07 09:43 AM

John Kennedy has a version out. You can actually see a nice demo of his CTW effect on his website: www.johnkennedymagic.com

Go to the "catalog" section and scroll down to the CTW and you will see the opportunity to watch the video. Pretty cool. Good luck in your quest to find the CTW that works for you. :)

Postby Guest » 08/02/07 11:12 AM

I was wondering, to those who do CTW, what are some of the downfalls of the different versions of this effect out there. I have never actually seen it performed live and would like to know a bit more about the ins-and-outs of it.
Thanks

Return to General