Illusionplans

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Postby Herman Koster » 04/26/04 03:59 AM

Does anybody know if there are original plans available for these two illusions.
Origami Illusion and Twister?
I tried to contact Mr.Steinmeyer, but didn't get a reply.
I'm not sure if there are plans, or that the illusions can only be bought already built.

Thanks in advance out of a sunny Holland :)
Herman Koster

Postby Nicholas Carifo » 04/26/04 08:06 AM

I don't believe origami plans exist on the market, but I'd suggest you contact John Gaughn at MagiCraft in Las Vegas about Origami.

Paul Osborne has plans for a "Twisted" and other misc illusion plans you can purchase online at: http://www.osborneillusionsystems.com/

Tell Paul Nick sent ya.....

Nick
Nicholas Carifo

Postby Herman Koster » 04/26/04 08:14 AM

Thanks Nick.
Herman Koster

Postby Guest » 04/26/04 12:16 PM

I don't believe origami plans exist on the market, but I'd suggest you contact John Gaughn at MagiCraft in Las Vegas about Origami.

I don't think you want to call Jim Steimeyer or John Gaughan about plans to build origami yourself. They will not talk to you at all on this subject.
You shouldn't be contacting either one since you don't have any idea that these are Proprietary Designs and are protected.
You need to read up on Proprietary illusions and how the industry works.
http://www.zigmont.com/backstage.html

Magic Craft is David Mendoza he doesn't make origami.

Postby Herman Koster » 04/26/04 02:10 PM

That's why I first contacted Mr.Steinmeijer. I just wanted to know if the plans exist or not, and I thought he was the inventor of it.
I'm not that familiar with illusions, but another Dutch magician asked me to look around for him.
I'm not looking for any copies or rip-offs. If they're not available, too bad. I guess my friend will have to buy an original then.
Thanks Pharoa for adding your comments as well. Hope one day all of magic will respect each others creations. It might be a dream, but one worth having.
Herman Koster

Postby Dustin Stinett » 04/26/04 04:53 PM

Jim Steinmeyer designed it: John Gaughn builds and sells it and its a beautiful thing to behold. I very recently saw one up close.

Dustin
Dustin Stinett

Postby Murray Hatfield » 04/27/04 04:49 PM

Plans for Origami are not available. Rights must be paid and there are only two authorized builders of the illusion - John Gaughan and Wellington.

Twister, on the other hand, is available from any number of builders and thus can be found at a fairly reasonable price. There are no professional plans available that I'm aware of.
Murray Hatfield

Postby Guest » 06/24/04 02:09 PM

you might want to check out the ims video library on stage illusions it has some good tips and plans for the twister illusion.

Postby gulamerian » 08/16/04 12:12 PM

Origami plans are not available. You must purchase the illusion from Wellington or Johnny Gaughan. Paul Osborne sells Twister Illusion Plans.
gulamerian

Return to Platform & Stage Magic