What I can do with Jumbo Cards?

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Postby Ricky Difeo » 08/20/07 05:49 PM

Hi!

I have Jumbo Card Bicycle and Thinking what magic routine I can do with it (not Close up).-

I use it as Invisible Deck, and too for Calling Cards (Osterlind).

What another routine I can do with it?

Thanks.

Ricardo :)
Ricky Difeo

Postby Guest » 08/20/07 05:59 PM

t c tahoe has a fun routine in his notes called Jumbo Invisible Card. The notes are called Random Thoughts. Email him about purchasing them. They were only $10 and are more than worth that price. These notes are filled with good, useable ideas.

Tony

Postby Guest » 08/20/07 07:10 PM

Howdy:
I used to do "Overkill" by Paul Harris (et al) with jumbo cards, to very good effect...

Postby Guest » 08/21/07 07:55 AM

You can easily do all the "Color Monte" moves, and if you have, for example, two ace of hearts (they think) plus the ace of clubs and end up with the Joker or the Ace of Spades, you can get a very nice routine out of it based on Color Monte.

I also have a routine in The Wizards' Journal #6 (on my site) called "Giant Monte." In that routine I use REALLY jumbo-jumbo cards from the party decorations store, but you can also do the routine with any regular jumbo ace, king, queen, jack.

Most four ace routines that do not use gaffed cards can also be easily performed with jumbos. It's a good idea to master the Hindu Shuffle with jumbos so you can use them in just about any routine you want to make up.

Postby Ricky Difeo » 08/21/07 11:08 AM

Hi!

First very thanks to you.

Another routines in Jumbo Cards are: Twister Sisters (Bannon), Find the Ace and Sidewalk Shuffle (M.Lewis)

I think what I can see when I was one children (33 year ago) one routine with Jumbo cards deck and one revolver (gun). The magician shot (the gun) to the deck and the card selection was one hole in centre and the another cards not. I dont know the name of these.-

Thank you for answers

Ricardo :)
Ricky Difeo

Postby Guest » 08/31/07 12:48 AM

posted 31-08-2007 03:45 |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, Ricardo:

With jumbo cards you can do everything Basically, the same tricks like with ordinary cards. There's a video from Stevens magic titled Magic of Spain vol. 2, where you can see the work of the spanish magician Antonio Ferragut with giant cards, ans it's awesome. It's not jumbo card manipulation or flourishes, it's cardmagic with false counts, lifts, etc. The spanish editorial of magic books Edicions Marre published a first book titled 'Macrocartomagia' in 1989 by Miguel Aparicio, an artistic and brilliant magician who open the way to do magic with these type of cards, and some years after Antonio Ferragut published two books, Macrocuentas y macroculebreos, and Macrorutinas, folloowing this way and going so far. The three books are written in spanish language, but if you're interested on this topic, I recommend you to find them.

I hope this help,

Best regards.

Postby Guest » 08/31/07 03:33 AM

I forgot one source: the magician Jose de la Torre on his excellent book Magicana of Havana uses some good routines with jumbo cards (Oil and water). This book can find it in english language (mymagic.com).

Cheers.

Postby Guest » 08/31/07 06:02 AM

You should also check out Magic with Giant Cards by Fred Castle. For $5 a must have if you are interested in tricks with large cards.

Best,
Chris....

Postby Ricky Difeo » 09/02/07 04:31 PM

Hi!

Thank Abiloco! Gracias!

Antonio Ferragut will go to Argentina in February 2008 with Giobbi. I am sure I will get theses books.

Thank Chris for the book reference.

Ricardo Difeo
:) :)
Ricky Difeo

Postby Richard Kaufman » 09/02/07 09:30 PM

Eugene Gloye published a very nice handling of DeLand's "Phantom Card Trick" using Jumbo cards in the Linking Ring.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Guest » 09/03/07 12:08 AM

Doesn't Eugene Burger sometimes do his version of "Card Warp" with jumbo cards?

Postby Richard Kaufman » 09/03/07 08:06 AM

Yes he does, always with jumbo cards, and it's in The Experience of Magic.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby David Acer » 09/03/07 08:56 AM

If youre interested in learning manipulation with jumbo cards, you wont find a better resource than F.I.S.M. award-winner Cyril Harveys Jumbo Card Manipulations (for a review, go to http://www.mylovelyassistant.com/index. ... y&rid=1161 ).
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer
David Acer

Return to Platform & Stage Magic