Zone Zero by Jerry Andrus

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Postby Guest » 09/10/04 02:07 PM

I'm having trouble with the "master move" on Jerry Andrus' Zone Zero. Has anyone any tips on how to prevent flashing(other than more practice). This is really a great effect.
Thanks

Postby Richard Kaufman » 09/10/04 04:59 PM

A big hand helps.
A smaller ball helps.
Moving the empty hand first and using the board to shield the loaded hand helps.
Have you watched Jerry do this on his DVDs?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Jonathan Townsend » 09/10/04 05:10 PM

Originally posted by stigern:
I'm having trouble with the "master move" on Jerry Andrus' Zone Zero. Has anyone any tips on how to prevent flashing(other than more practice). This is really a great effect.
Thanks
I recall an item in the Gary Kurtz book that used something similar. Perhaps that could help. Also, someone does a lemon and lemonade thing that is close to that concept. Was this John Carney?
Mundus vult decipi
Jonathan Townsend

Postby Bill Wheeler » 09/11/04 07:57 AM

Stigern, is it possible that you can build your own zone zero board that better fit your hand?

Originally posted by Jonathan Townsend:
I recall an item in the Gary Kurtz book that used something similar. Perhaps that could help. Also, someone does a lemon and lemonade thing that is close to that concept. Was this John Carney?
The Gary Kurtz effect reminded me more of Andrus's "Mylar Mystery" I forgot the name of the effect but it used a flexible sheet that was rolled around etc...if I'm not mistaken the same move is used.

John Carney does do the lemon to lemonade thing at the end of his version of Zone Zero.
Driver: Callaway FT-5
Irons: Titlest AP-1
Wedges: Vokey 52,58,64
Putter: i-series Black #9
Bill Wheeler

Postby Dave Shepherd » 09/11/04 11:36 AM

I've been working on it a bit this summer myself.

I'd suggest experimenting with different sizes of boards, and then just a lot of mirror practice. The flash of knuckles is an issue.

I think placement of your hands on the proper spot of the board is important. So is the size of the hole. Mr. Andrus suggests on his video that the hole be JUST big enough to get through, no bigger. A larger, more comfortable hole leaves you more vulnerable to flashing.

Also, the board has to be big enough to conceal the work.

Good luck. I think I'll get my board out and practice some!

(P.S. I found that foamcore board is excellent for this: sturdy and stiff, yet light.)
Dave Shepherd

Postby Bizzaro » 09/22/04 03:55 AM

Assuming the master move is the flip move not the pass (I havn't seen the video in some time.) the way to rpevent flashing is making sure you turn the board RIGHT where the thumb meets the hand, right in that crook. It hides everything if done right.

Good luck.
Bizzaro.
www.smappdooda.com
www.bizzarobydesign.com
Bizzaro

Return to Platform & Stage Magic