Finn Jon's Multiplying Tennis Balls

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Postby David Nethery » 03/14/05 10:36 AM

I've seen these advertised on the Hocus Pocus Magic site .

Has anyone used these ? Compare to using traditional wooden or silicone (Fakini) balls ? (I understand the gimmick is different than the traditional multiplying balls , but I mean in general how is the handling : more difficult, easier , or about the same ? ) .

I guess I'm looking for a review from anyone who has used them or seen it done . I like the idea of using tennis balls. Seems like they would be highly visible from stage .
David Nethery

Postby Guest » 03/14/05 12:00 PM

My set were hand-made by Finn Jon himself, but the quality was really bad, both in colour and in shape. It was actually so bad that I've never used them. It's not that difficult, but it takes a little practise. I've seen Finn do a routine with them a number of times, and it really looks great.

Postby Guest » 03/16/05 08:21 PM

Hi,

I had one of the old sets which I recently sold. I was at Stevens shop, and the quality has greatly improved, p;us they are now available with a video containing great ideas from Finn.

Bob Phillips

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/sh ... sp?id=5357

Postby Guest » 04/05/06 08:36 PM

Yep, used them, love them. Also used a red rubber ball version, cheaply made c/o Wal-mart and Goshman. I also loved the principle applied to eggs. Takes practice to make it look good.

Funny story: I was doing this at an outdoor event. After I produced the fourth bll, some chap said loudly, "Those must be half balls." I turned my hand at all angles and asked, "Where did you go to school where you learned you can divide an object into four HALVES?"

Life on the road...

John R

Return to Platform & Stage Magic