Safe Uses of Snow Powder?

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Postby Ray Eden » 01/12/04 04:05 AM

I've been thinking of working SNOW POWDER into my act, but I'm learly of the safety of the product. Can it be handled once it has been turned into 'snow'? What I would like to do is make the change from water to 'snow' and then gather up the 'snow' and end with it changing to Throw Streamers. Is this a safe usage of the product? There wasn't much information other than on the lable which reads:

Handle as a mild irritant. Do not inhale. Inhalation may cause irritation of the upper respiratory tract. Inhalation toxicology study on polyacrylates, using very small respirable particles, produced inflammatory tissue responses in the lungs. Avoid contact with the eyes. Wash thoroughly after handling.
Ray Eden

Postby Guest » 02/27/04 07:04 AM

I had a cool idea; however I was unable to test it. I thought it would be cool to mix the snow powder with powdered Kool-aid (cherry) now when water is added it would form a snowball/snow-cone looking effect; obviously not for eating but the effect on the audience would be that you produced cherry flavored snow-cone.

It might also be nice to use one of the airborne gimmicks that will fit any bottle then get a snowball flavoring bottle fill it with warm or room temp water then pour it into the glass and let go the glass will float as it fills or fluffs up with a red cherry flavored snow-cone

Just a thought

Ken

Return to Platform & Stage Magic