The Vortex

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Postby Guest » 07/05/04 07:33 AM

http://www.yourmagic.com/~shop/cgi-bin/ ... ortex.html

Quite a long time ago I brought up the issue of classical magic and the dancing cane. Quite a few dis-liked the cane because most of you said the audience knows the method. I still like the routine and wanted you to check out the new dancing cane that I purchased. It is the 21st century of a beautiful classic. It can be seen from the front of the stage to the rear. It's well balanced and the same principle is used however it can not be seen. I love it and give it a thumbs-up thumbtip@comcast.net

Postby Guest » 07/05/04 04:53 PM

My son, Jayson, just won the 2004 People's Choice Award at the IBM convention using the Vortex. We had reservations, as it is flashy, and bright....but it fit his routine, as a light cane the then transfers power to a chalice that lights up. Jayson works with Jeff McBride, and he got the cane before it was sold, for his act. This cane is fun, and useful in a large area, but can be overpowering if not used in context. It's like a lot of things...it's a great trick, a great tool...in the right situation! Good luck and hope you enjoy yours!
Gerry

Return to Platform & Stage Magic