Super x plus

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Postby Guest » 01/14/07 07:57 AM

Is there anyone out there selling or building the super x plus illusion? I think it is also known as the Harbin Walkaway Suspension.
Any help in locating this effect is appreciated.

Peace,
Elliot

Postby Pete Biro » 01/14/07 11:55 AM

The bestof that type is Blaney's ladder version. However if you want the real Harbin type go to someone like John Gaughan or Bill Smith... they'll build a perfect one.
Stay tooned.
Pete Biro

Postby Guest » 01/14/07 06:31 PM

Thank you Mr Biro.

Postby Guest » 01/14/07 10:59 PM

I performed this in my renaissance festival act for 16 years. I still have the one I built from the original Harbin plans. I made several improvements on the original. If you contact John Gaughan or Bill Smith, please ask them to contact me, and I will supply them with the information at no charge.

Not that I think I know more about building illusions than they do, but I found a few flaws in the original Harbin plans and worked the kinks out over time.

Once you have it, I'll be happy to share information on how I presented it.

Actually, Blaney's other suspension, which he originally called Suspension 2001, is a very good illusion. I think he calls it Suspension 2003 now.

Postby Guest » 01/15/07 12:19 AM

I'd build it myself if I had the plans, but they are not available. I was hopping that I could just buy one like the regular Super - X at Abbott's. :rolleyes:

The Blaney Suspensions are the best.
Nothing can come close as far as I am concerned, especially my checkbook. :eek:
There's the rub.
This is all going to boil up to cost. If I could afford the Ladder Levitation (and all the trimmings) I'd buy a new car. (by order of the wife.)

I'll be contacting Bill Smith and John Gaughan this week as well as a few other builders. It's still gonna come down to the cost of the thing. I may have to settle for a bit less than I would like. Such is life. :)

Return to Platform & Stage Magic