Water Torture Cell

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Postby Guest » 02/11/07 10:41 PM

HI All

I am looking to build the Water Torture Cell escape and wonder if anyone has some suggestions as to where I can get a decent set of plans for this?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Jonathan

Postby Richard Kaufman » 02/12/07 08:56 AM

I don't think Houdini's original method has ever been made public or sold.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Guest » 02/13/07 07:43 AM

Mark Cannon & Paul Osborne are offering a Water Torture Cell plan available on Paul's Web site- just Google Osborne plans. Having never seen them I don't know if it uses Houdini's method or not.

At least two books have given an accurate description of the Jim Collins designed method used by Houdini. The works were also tipped by John Gaughan & Stan Allen in a photo layout in MAGIC magazine. :mad:

Postby Guest » 02/13/07 11:44 PM

HI Dave

Any chance you know the names of those books or perhaps someone else reading this post might?

THanks a lot!

Postby Guest » 02/14/07 08:17 AM

Jonathan-
I do know the name of the books but I'm not going to give them out. I don't mean to be a jerk but that would be the same thing as giving out the secret myself and I won't do that. Almost 20 years ago now my company entered into a contractual agreement with Sid Radner that allowed us unfettered access to the Cell. One of the conditions was not to tip the work. Even if it hadn't been, I personally love the mystique the Cell has acquired over the years and don't want to blow it. In fact, we have guarded that secret far more closely than Sid has over the years. Hence my angry emoticon on the MAGIC issue. Sorry for the tease but that's how it must be for me.

Return to Platform & Stage Magic