Liquid Metal dvd by Morgan Strebner

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Postby Guest » 11/30/05 06:21 PM

What do you allthink about this DVD.
In it Morgan discusses Key bending. He says with practice and after building up finger strength, anyone can bend a key without a gimmick. This has obvious benefits for impromptu routines.

I've been trying for 2 days to bend a key by hand and can't even budge it. Then I asked the biggest strongest guy I know and he couldn't either. What do you all think?

Thanks

Postby Guest » 12/01/05 05:47 PM

Originally posted by merlou:
What do you allthink about this DVD.
In it Morgan discusses Key bending. He says with practice and after building up finger strength, anyone can bend a key without a gimmick. This has obvious benefits for impromptu routines.

I've been trying for 2 days to bend a key by hand and can't even budge it. Then I asked the biggest strongest guy I know and he couldn't either. What do you all think?

Thanks
Is this always the same key? Maybe you should try other brands.

Postby Guest » 12/01/05 08:25 PM

Check out this item on Uri Geller, via James Randi.

[Geller] has selected one key out of a bundle of borrowed keys, and told a participant on the show to hold it between his hands, saying:

Here is a key. Try you're strong try to bend it with your hands. It's impossible is that right? It's impossible. No! Keys are impossible to bend!

As he delivers that second "impossible," Geller sees to his horror that the man has visibly bent it! You can plainly see that in the video in a brief extreme close-up. Look at the video frame shown here, in which you'll see inset at the lower left a magnified view in which I have accentuated the direction of the body of the key in red lines and the direction of the shank of the key in green lines. The fulcrum for the bend is of course immediately between the man's two supporting fingers, where the force is being applied. That's indicated by the yellow arrow.
Full story here , with a picture of Geller bending a key himself. Looks like hard work.

Return to Close-Up Magic