Cards Across

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Postby Guest » 02/28/02 11:36 PM

Lately, I've been using Cards Across in the middle of my card magic set. And recently the no has questioned the secret addition of the palmed cards. I've been getting very strong reactions so I am going to develop a second card set using that a closer.

Usually I force a three spot to determine the number of cards I send across. Some do walk away feeling that if an eight was picked that eight cards would have gone across. I've performed it without the force and recieved a fairly equal reaction. My question is this: Does forcing the three spot really help the effect? I find that laypeople are usually so blown away by the number of cards going across that they don't catch that level of detail all the time.

For the time being I'll be classic forcing my block of (4) threes on laypeople.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Best regards,
Rich Kameda

Postby Guest » 03/11/02 07:01 AM

Cards Across is a wonderful trick - its been my closer for 20 odd years. I do force the three - a lot of the time it is not necessary, but occasionally afterwards you will hear someone say - he must have added the cards first. But then someone else will reply - yeah - but we only decided on three afterwards. Its always nice to be ahead!

Return to Close-Up Magic